Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP2530Y] to Sarcomeric Alpha Actinin
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Sarcomeric Alpha Actinin antibody [EP2530Y]
See all Sarcomeric Alpha Actinin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP2530Y] to Sarcomeric Alpha Actinin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Sarcomeric Alpha Actinin aa 750-850 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human skeletal muscle lysate and human muscle tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68168 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/20000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 103 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 103 kDa).
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt or ICC/IF.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionF-actin cross-linking protein which is thought to anchor actin to a variety of intracellular structures. This is a bundling protein.
Tissue specificityExpressed in both skeletal and cardiac muscle.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTN2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1AA (CMD1AA) [MIM:612158]. Dilated cardiomyopathy is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha-actinin family.
Contains 1 actin-binding domain.
Contains 2 CH (calponin-homology) domains.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
Contains 4 spectrin repeats.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > myofibril > sarcomere > Z line. Colocalizes with MYOZ1 and FLNC at the Z-lines of skeletal muscle.
- Information by UniProt
- Actin binding protein antibody
- Actinin alpha 2 antibody
- ACTN 2 antibody
Anti-Sarcomeric Alpha Actinin antibody [EP2530Y] (ab68168) at 1/50000 dilution + human skeletal muscle lysate at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 103 kDa
Observed band size: 103 kDa
ab68168 at 1/100 dilution staining Sarcomeric Alpha Actinin in human muscles by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin-embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab68168 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Xu J et al. Optimization of Timing and Times for Administration of Atorvastatin-Pretreated Mesenchymal Stem Cells in a Preclinical Model of Acute Myocardial Infarction. Stem Cells Transl Med 8:1068-1083 (2019). PubMed: 31245934
- Papadimitriou ID et al. A "human knockout" model to investigate the influence of the a-actinin-3 protein on exercise-induced mitochondrial adaptations. Sci Rep 9:12688 (2019). PubMed: 31481717