Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SATB2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34735 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).|
FunctionBinds to DNA, at nuclear matrix- or scaffold-associated regions. Thought to recognize the sugar-phosphate structure of double-stranded DNA. Transcription factor controlling nuclear gene expression, by binding to matrix attachment regions (MARs) of DNA and inducing a local chromatin-loop remodeling. Acts as a docking site for several chromatin remodeling enzymes and also by recruiting corepressors (HDACs) or coactivators (HATs) directly to promoters and enhancers. Required for the initiation of the upper-layer neurons (UL1) specific genetic program and for the inactivation of deep-layer neurons (DL) and UL2 specific genes, probably by modulating BCL11B expression. Repressor of Ctip2 and regulatory determinant of corticocortical connections in the developing cerebral cortex. May play an important role in palate formation. Acts as a molecular node in a transcriptional network regulating skeletal development and osteoblast differentiation.
Tissue specificityHigh expression in adult brain, moderate expression in fetal brain, and weak expression in adult liver, kidney, and spinal cord and in select brain regions, including amygdala, corpus callosum, caudate nucleus, and hippocampus.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Chromosomal aberrations involving SATB2 are found in isolated cleft palate. Translocation t(2;7); translocation t(2;11).
Defects in SATB2 are a cause of cleft palate isolated (CPI) [MIM:119540]. A congenital fissure of the soft and/or hard palate, due to faulty fusion. Isolated cleft palate is not associated with cleft lips. Some patients may manifest other craniofacial dysmorphic features, mental retardation, and osteoporosis.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving SATB2 is found in a patient with classical features of Toriello-Carey syndrome. Translocation t(2;14)(q33;q22).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CUT homeobox family.
Contains 2 CUT DNA-binding domains.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
modificationsSumoylated by PIAS1. Sumoylation promotes nuclear localization, but represses transcription factor activity.
Cellular localizationNucleus matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- DNA binding protein SATB2 antibody
- DNA-binding protein SATB2 antibody
- FLJ21474 antibody
Anti-SATB2 antibody (ab34735) at 1 µg/ml +
Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (0 days) (ab7188) at 10 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 85 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 30 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab34735 has been referenced in 43 publications.
- Nayak RC et al. The signaling axis atypical protein kinase C ?/?-Satb2 mediates leukemic transformation of B-cell progenitors. Nat Commun 10:46 (2019). PubMed: 30610188
- Ding W et al. Cenpj Regulates Cilia Disassembly and Neurogenesis in the Developing Mouse Cortex. J Neurosci 39:1994-2010 (2019). PubMed: 30626697
- Boisvert EM et al. Minocycline mitigates the effect of neonatal hypoxic insult on human brain organoids. Cell Death Dis 10:325 (2019). PubMed: 30975982
- Dhande OS et al. Molecular Fingerprinting of On-Off Direction-Selective Retinal Ganglion Cells Across Species and Relevance to Primate Visual Circuits. J Neurosci 39:78-95 (2019). PubMed: 30377226
- Sweeney NT et al. Expression of transcription factors divides retinal ganglion cells into distinct classes. J Comp Neurol 527:225-235 (2019). PubMed: 28078709