Key features and details
- Potent, reversible, competitive ALK5 inhibitor
- CAS Number: 694433-59-5
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in ethanol to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameSB 505124, ALK5 inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, reversible, competitive ALK5 inhibitor
Biological descriptionPotent, reversible, competitive ALK5 inhibitor (IC50 values are 47 and 129 nM for ALK5 and ALK4 respectively). Inhibits ALK7 but not ALK1, 2, 3, or 6. Shows antifibrotic effects in vivo.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Receptors & Transporters
- Enzyme-Linked Receptors
- Receptor Serine/Threonine Kinases (RSTKs)
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab144402 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Bui AT et al. Transient exposure to androgens induces a remarkable self-sustained quiescent state in dispersed prostate cancer cells. Cell Cycle 16:879-893 (2017). PubMed: 28426320
- Bui AT et al. SMAD signaling and redox imbalance cooperate to induce prostate cancer cell dormancy. Cell Cycle 14:1218-31 (2015). PubMed: 25706341