Product nameSC-560, COX-1 inhibitor
DescriptionHighly selective COX-1 inhibitor
Biological descriptionHighly selective cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) inhibitor (IC50 values are 9 nM and 6.3 μM for COX-1 and COX-2, respectively). Displays anti-inflammatory, antitumor and antiviral activity. Orally active.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- Okamoto M et al. Anti-bovine viral diarrhoea virus and hepatitis C virus activity of the cyclooxygenase inhibitor SC-560. Antivir Chem Chemother 20:47-54 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19794231) »
- Choi SH et al. Genetic deletion or pharmacological inhibition of cyclooxygenase-1 attenuate lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory response and brain injury. FASEB J 22:1491-501 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18162486) »
- Brenneis C et al. Inhibition of prostaglandin E2 synthesis by SC-560 is independent of cyclooxygenase 1 inhibition. FASEB J 20:1352-60 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16816110) »
- Daikoku T et al. Cyclooxygenase-1 is a potential target for prevention and treatment of ovarian epithelial cancer. Cancer Res 65:3735-44 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 15867369) »