Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SC35
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SC35 antibody
See all SC35 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SC35
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human)
- HeLa nuclear extract
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesAffinity purified IgG.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28428 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionNecessary for the splicing of pre-mRNA. It is required for formation of the earliest ATP-dependent splicing complex and interacts with spliceosomal components bound to both the 5'- and 3'-splice sites during spliceosome assembly. It also is required for ATP-dependent interactions of both U1 and U2 snRNPs with pre-mRNA. Interacts with other spliceosomal components, via the RS domains, to form a bridge between the 5'- and 3'-splice site binding components, U1 snRNP and U2AF. Binds to purine-rich RNA sequences, either 5'-AGSAGAGTA-3' (S=C or G) or 5'-GTTCGAGTA-3'. Can bind to beta-globin mRNA and commit it to the splicing pathway.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the splicing factor SR family.
Contains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
modificationsExtensively phosphorylated on serine residues in the RS domain.
- Information by UniProt
- 35 kDa antibody
- arginine/serine-rich 2 antibody
- PR264 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SC35 antibody (ab28428)
Lane 1 : recombinant SC35 protein
Lane 2 : HeLa nuclear lysate
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
IHC image of ab28428 staining in human seminoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab28428, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab28428 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Komeno Y et al. SRSF2 Is Essential for Hematopoiesis, and Its Myelodysplastic Syndrome-Related Mutations Dysregulate Alternative Pre-mRNA Splicing. Mol Cell Biol 35:3071-82 (2015). PubMed: 26124281
- Erkelenz S et al. Balanced splicing at the Tat-specific HIV-1 3'ss A3 is critical for HIV-1 replication. Retrovirology 12:29 (2015). PubMed: 25889056
- Rampal R et al. DNA hydroxymethylation profiling reveals that WT1 mutations result in loss of TET2 function in acute myeloid leukemia. Cell Rep 9:1841-55 (2014). PubMed: 25482556
- Berulava T et al. FTO levels affect RNA modification and the transcriptome. Eur J Hum Genet : (2012). PubMed: 22872099
- Kralovicova J et al. Compensatory signals associated with the activation of human GC 5' splice sites. Nucleic Acids Res : (2011). PubMed: 21609956
- Toyota M et al. Epigenetic silencing of microRNA-34b/c and B-cell translocation gene 4 is associated with CpG island methylation in colorectal cancer. Cancer Res 68:4123-32 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18519671