Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SCAP
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SCAP antibody
See all SCAP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SCAP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Pig, Chinese hamster
- Human breast and Human colon carcinoma tissues; HeLa and K562 cells; K562 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab190103 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/50.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 140 kDa.|
FunctionEscort protein required for cholesterol as well as lipid homeostasis. Regulates export of the SCAP/SREBF complex from the ER upon low cholesterol. Formation of a ternary complex with INSIG at high sterol concentrations leads to masking of an ER-export signal in SCAP and retention of the complex in the ER. Low sterol concentrations trigger release of INSIG, a conformational change in the SSC domain of SCAP, unmasking of the ER export signal, recruitment into COPII-coated vesicles, transport to the Golgi complex, proteolytic cleavage of SREBF in the Golgi, release of the transcription factor fragment of SREBF from the membrane, its import into the nucleus and up-regulation of LDLR, INSIG1 and the mevalonate pathway.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat SCAP family.
Contains 1 SSD (sterol-sensing) domain.
Contains 7 WD repeats.
DomainCholesterol bound to SSC domain of SCAP or oxysterol bound to INSIG1/2 leads to masking of an ER export signal on SCAP possibly by moving the signal further away from the ER membrane.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle > COPII-coated vesicle membrane. Moves from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi in the absence of sterols.
- Information by UniProt
- KIAA0199 antibody
- SCAP antibody
- SCAP_HUMAN antibody
Anti-SCAP antibody (ab190103) at 1/1000 dilution + K562 cell lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 140 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human breast tissue labeling SCAP with ab190103 at 5 µg/ml.
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells (4% PFA-fixed, 20min; Triton X-100 permeabilized, 0.2%, 30 min) labeling SCAP with ab190103 at 1/100 dilution for 2h RT. For secondary antibody, Alexa Fluor 488 conjugated donkey anti-rabbit antibody (green) was used (1/1000, 1h). Nuclei were counterstained with Hoechst 33342 (blue) (10 ug/ml, 5 min).
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human colon carcinoma tissue labeling SCAP with ab190103 at 5µg/ml dilution followed by peroxidase-conjugated secondary antibody and DAB staining.
Flow cytometric analysis of K562 cells labeling SCAP with ab190103 at 1/10 dilution (lower image) compared with a negative control (upper image). FITC-conjugated goat-anti-rabbit secondary antibodies were used for the analysis.
ab190103 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liu J et al. Rapamycin inhibits peritoneal fibrosis by modifying lipid homeostasis in the peritoneum. Am J Transl Res 11:1473-1485 (2019). PubMed: 30972175
- Han LQ et al. Overexpression of SREBF chaperone (SCAP) enhances nuclear SREBP1 translocation to upregulate fatty acid synthase (FASN) gene expression in bovine mammary epithelial cells. J Dairy Sci N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29680640
- Liu J et al. Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Complex 1 Activation Disrupts the Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor Pathway: A Novel Mechanism for Extracellular Matrix Accumulation in Human Peritoneal Mesothelial Cells. Am J Nephrol 48:357-368 (2018). PubMed: 30423569
- Zhang Y et al. Effect of Tetramethylpyrazine on Atherosclerosis and SCAP/SREBP-1c Signaling Pathway in ApoE(-/-) Mice Fed with a High-Fat Diet. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2017:3121989 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28491104