Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Scavenging Receptor SR-BI
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Scavenging Receptor SR-BI antibody
See all Scavenging Receptor SR-BI primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Scavenging Receptor SR-BI
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Cow, Pig
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to a region within amino acids 290-492 of Human Scavenging Receptor SR-BI (NP_005496).
- 293T, A431, H1299, HeLa, HepG2, Molt4 whole cell lysates, DLD-1 xenograft tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137829 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol using 10mM Citrate buffer (pH6.0) or Tris-EDTA buffer (pH8.0)|
FunctionReceptor for different ligands such as phospholipids, cholesterol ester, lipoproteins, phosphatidylserine and apoptotic cells. Probable receptor for HDL, located in particular region of the plasma membrane, called caveolae. Facilitates the flux of free and esterified cholesterol between the cell surface and extracellular donors and acceptors, such as HDL and to a lesser extent, apoB-containing lipoproteins and modified lipoproteins. Probably involved in the phagocytosis of apoptotic cells, via its phosphatidylserine binding activity. Receptor for hepatitis C virus glycoprotein E2. Binding between SCARB1 and E2 was found to be independent of the genotype of the viral isolate. Plays an important role in the uptake of HDL cholesteryl ester.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD36 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Membrane > caveola. Predominantly localized to cholesterol and sphingomyelin-enriched domains within the plasma membrane, called caveolae.
- Information by UniProt
- CD36 and LIMPII analogous 1 antibody
- CD36 antibody
- CD36 Antigen like 1 antibody
ab137829 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Cai D et al. Maternal Betaine Supplementation throughout Gestation and Lactation Modifies Hepatic Cholesterol Metabolic Genes in Weaning Piglets via AMPK/LXR-Mediated Pathway and Histone Modification. Nutrients 8: (2016). PubMed: 27763549
- Yang D et al. Complete replication of hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus in a newly developed hepatoma cell line. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E1264-73 (2014). PubMed: 24616513