Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SDF1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SDF1 antibody
See all SDF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SDF1
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species WBMouse
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Mouse SDF1 aa 20-89.
Database link: P40224
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25117 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa.
1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa.
FunctionChemoattractant active on T-lymphocytes, monocytes, but not neutrophils. Activates the C-X-C chemokine receptor CXCR4 to induce a rapid and transient rise in the level of intracellular calcium ions and chemotaxis. Also binds to atypical chemokine receptor ACKR3, which activates the beta-arrestin pathway and acts as a scavenger receptor for SDF-1. SDF-1-beta(3-72) and SDF-1-alpha(3-67) show a reduced chemotactic activity. Binding to cell surface proteoglycans seems to inhibit formation of SDF-1-alpha(3-67) and thus to preserve activity on local sites. Acts as a positive regulator of monocyte migration and a negative regulator of monocyte adhesion via the LYN kinase. Stimulates migration of monocytes and T-lymphocytes through its receptors, CXCR4 and ACKR3, and decreases monocyte adherence to surfaces coated with ICAM-1, a ligand for beta-2 integrins. SDF1A/CXCR4 signaling axis inhibits beta-2 integrin LFA-1 mediated adhesion of monocytes to ICAM-1 through LYN kinase. Inhibits CXCR4-mediated infection by T-cell line-adapted HIV-1. Plays a protective role after myocardial infarction. Induces down-regulation and internalization of ACKR3 expressed in various cells. Has several critical functions during embryonic development; required for B-cell lymphopoiesis, myelopoiesis in bone marrow and heart ventricular septum formation.
Tissue specificityIsoform Alpha and isoform Beta are ubiquitously expressed, with highest levels detected in liver, pancreas and spleen. Isoform Gamma is mainly expressed in heart, with weak expression detected in several other tissues. Isoform Delta, isoform Epsilon and isoform Theta have highest expression levels in pancreas, with lower levels detected in heart, kidney, liver and spleen.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
Developmental stageIsoform Alpha is ubiquitously expressed in fetal tissues. Isoform Beta and isoform Delta have more limited expression patterns, with highest levels detected in fetal spleen and fetal liver, respectively. Isoform Gamma and isoform Theta are weakly detected in fetal kidney.
modificationsProcessed forms SDF-1-beta(3-72) and SDF-1-alpha(3-67) are produced after secretion by proteolytic cleavage of isoforms Beta and Alpha, respectively. The N-terminal processing is probably achieved by DPP4. Isoform Alpha is first cleaved at the C-terminus to yield a SDF-1-alpha(1-67) intermediate before being processed at the N-terminus. The C-terminal processing of isoform Alpha is reduced by binding to heparin and, probably, cell surface proteoglycans.
- Information by UniProt
- 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate repressed protein 1 antibody
- AI174028 antibody
- C-X-C motif chemokine 12 antibody
ab25117 has been referenced in 46 publications.
- Sun Z et al. Myocardium-targeted transplantation of PHD2 shRNA-modified bone mesenchymal stem cells through ultrasound-targeted microbubble destruction protects the heart from acute myocardial infarction. Theranostics 10:4967-4982 (2020). PubMed: 32308762
- Qiu SQ et al. High hepatocyte growth factor expression in primary tumor predicts better overall survival in male breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res 22:30 (2020). PubMed: 32188473
- Li G et al. Hypermethylation of microRNA-149 activates SDF-1/CXCR4 to promote osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. J Cell Physiol 234:23485-23494 (2019). PubMed: 31206187
- Severe N et al. Stress-Induced Changes in Bone Marrow Stromal Cell Populations Revealed through Single-Cell Protein Expression Mapping. Cell Stem Cell 25:570-583.e7 (2019). PubMed: 31279774
- Liu ZY et al. CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling contributes to neuropathic pain via central sensitization mechanisms in a rat spinal nerve ligation model. CNS Neurosci Ther 25:922-936 (2019). PubMed: 30955244