Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SEC16A/SEC16
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SEC16A/SEC16 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SEC16A/SEC16
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Dog, Ferret, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Bat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SEC16A/SEC16.
Database link: O15027
- Whole cell lysate from HeLa and 293T cells.
This product was previously labelled as SEC16A
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70722 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately >250 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 234 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
RelevanceSEC16A is required for secretory cargo traffic from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi apparatus. It defines endoplasmic reticulum exit sites (ERES). SAR1A-GTP-dependent assembly of SEC16A on the ER membrane forms an organized scaffold defining an ERES. It is required for normal transitional endoplasmic reticulum (tER) organization.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane; Peripheral membrane protein. Golgi apparatus membrane; Peripheral membrane protein. Note=SAR1A activity is required to maintain SEC16A localization at discrete locations on the ER membrane perhaps by preventing its dissociation.
- FLJ26737 antibody
- KIAA0310 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000022589 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SEC16A/SEC16 antibody (ab70722) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 234 kDa
Observed band size: >250 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Detection of Human SEC16A/SEC16 by Immunoprecipitation in Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP), using ab70722 at 3 µg/mg lysate. Subsequent Western blot detection of SEC16A/SEC16 was performed using ab70722 at 0.04 µg/ml.
ab70722 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Corridoni D et al. NOD2 and TLR2 Signal via TBK1 and PI31 to Direct Cross-Presentation and CD8 T Cell Responses. Front Immunol 10:958 (2019). PubMed: 31114588
- Frattini V et al. A metabolic function of FGFR3-TACC3 gene fusions in cancer. Nature 553:222-227 (2018). PubMed: 29323298
- Willy JA et al. Function of inhibitor of Bruton's tyrosine kinase isoform a (IBTKa) in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis links autophagy and the unfolded protein response. J Biol Chem 292:14050-14065 (2017). PubMed: 28710282