Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR14379] to SEC61A
- Suitable for: IP, IHC-P, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-SEC61A antibody [EPR14379]
See all SEC61A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR14379] to SEC61A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, IHC-P, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment within Human SEC61A aa 350-450. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9H9S3
- Human fetal brain, Daudi and A431 lysates; Human Infiltrating duct carcinoma of breast tissue; A431 and Daudi cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab183046 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||1/40 - 1/60.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 49 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
FunctionPlays a crucial role in the insertion of secretory and membrane polypeptides into the ER. Required for assembly of membrane and secretory proteins. Tightly associated with membrane-bound ribosomes, either directly or through adapter proteins.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the secY/SEC61-alpha family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- chunp6898 antibody
- fb62c11 antibody
- HSEC61 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SEC61A antibody [EPR14379] (ab183046) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal brain lysate
Lane 2 : Daudi cell lysate
Lane 3 : A431 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugate at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 49 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Western blot analysis of SEC61A in Daudi cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab183046 at 1/50 dilution (Lane 1). Lane 2: Negative control.
Secondary antibody: Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP) specific to the non-reduced form of IgG at 1/1500 dilution.
Flow cytometric analysis of 2% paraformaldehyde-fixed Daudi cells labeling SEC61A with ab183046 at 1/100 dilution (pink) compared to a Rabbit monoclonal IgG isotype control (green), followed by Goat anti rabbit IgG (FITC) secondary antibody at 1/150 diution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human infiltrating duct carcinoma of breast tissue labeling SEC61A with ab183046 at 1/100 dilution followed by prediluted HRP Polymer for Rabbit IgG. Counter stained with Hematoxylin.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab183046 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Tian S et al. Proteomic Analysis Identifies Membrane Proteins Dependent on the ER Membrane Protein Complex. Cell Rep 28:2517-2526.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31484065
- Tian S et al. Genome-wide CRISPR screens for Shiga toxins and ricin reveal Golgi proteins critical for glycosylation. PLoS Biol 16:e2006951 (2018). PubMed: 30481169
- Puri C et al. The RAB11A-Positive Compartment Is a Primary Platform for Autophagosome Assembly Mediated by WIPI2 Recognition of PI3P-RAB11A. Dev Cell 45:114-131.e8 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29634932
- Hu HJ et al. Protective effects of hydrogen sulfide against angiotensin II-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress in HUVECs. Mol Med Rep 15:2213-2222 (2017). PubMed: 28259956
- Levental KR et al. ?-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids direct differentiation of the membrane phenotype in mesenchymal stem cells to potentiate osteogenesis. Sci Adv 3:eaao1193 (2017). Hamster . PubMed: 29134198
- Bäuerlein FJB et al. In Situ Architecture and Cellular Interactions of PolyQ Inclusions. Cell 171:179-187.e10 (2017). PubMed: 28890085
- Bolar NA et al. Heterozygous Loss-of-Function SEC61A1 Mutations Cause Autosomal-Dominant Tubulo-Interstitial and Glomerulocystic Kidney Disease with Anemia. Am J Hum Genet 99:174-87 (2016). PubMed: 27392076