Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Semaphorin 3A
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish, Japanese ricefish, Apteronotus leptorhynchus
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Semaphorin 3A antibody
See all Semaphorin 3A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Semaphorin 3A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish, Japanese ricefish, Apteronotus leptorhynchus
- Rat brain lysate for SDS PAGE immunoblots.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody was affinity purified.
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23393 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19443185|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 18574596|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 95 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 89 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Semaphorin 3A peptide (ab88818).|
RelevanceOne family of inhibitory axon guidance molecules is the semaphorins. The semaphorins include secreted, transmembrane, and GPI anchored extracellular molecules that are involved in regulating axon guidance by inhibiting axons from growing toward incorrect targets. Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) may play a particularly interesting role in limiting axon regeneration since it is expressed in meningeal fibroblasts that invade the injured spinal cord and surround the glial scar. In addition, the Sema3A co receptors, Neuropilin 1 and Plexin A1, are expressed on axons that regenerate up to the injured region, but do not cross this Sema3A containing region. Thus, Sema3A and its co receptors may have important roles in regulating axon guidance during neuronal development and after neuronal injury.
- Coll 1 antibody
- Coll1 antibody
- Collapsin 1 antibody
Ab23393 staining human normal ileum. Staining is localized to the cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 1 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS), then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes, and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
Lanes 1-2 : Anti-Semaphorin 3A antibody (ab23393) at 1/1000 dilution
Lanes 3-4 : Anti-Semaphorin 3A antibody (ab25999)
Lane 1 : Neonatal rat brain
Lanes 2 & 4 : Human recombinant Sema3A/Fc chimera (95/125 kDa)
Lane 3 : Neonatal rat brain
Predicted band size: 89 kDa
Membrane was incubated with diluted antibody in 5% non-fat milk, PBS, 0.04% Tween20 for 1hour at room temperature.
Anti-Semaphorin 3A antibody (ab23393) at 1/1000 dilution + Lysate prepared from Xenopus laevis brain tissue section at 15 µg
HRP-conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG at 1/20000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 89 kDa
Observed band size: 106 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
ab23393 staining Semaphorin 3A in 16 µm thick sections of Apteronotus leptorhynchus brain, spinal cord by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections).
Tissue was fixed in 2% paraformaldehyde, permeabilized using 0.3% Triton X-100, then blocked with 3% sheep serum, 1% BSA, 1% teleostean gelatine in TBS for 1 hour at 24°C and then incubated with ab23393 at a 1/50 dilution for 18 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an Alexa-Fluor 488 conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal used at a 1/200 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of murine developing cerebral cortices, staining Semaphorin 3A with ab23393.
ab23393 has been referenced in 41 publications.
- Zhang D et al. Repression of miR-142-3p alleviates psoriasis-like inflammation by repressing proliferation and promoting apoptosis of keratinocytes via targeting Sema3A. Mol Cell Probes N/A:101573 (2020). PubMed: 32325105
- Daneshvar N et al. Premature satellite cell activation before injury accelerates myogenesis and disrupts neuromuscular junction maturation in regenerating muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 319:C116-C128 (2020). PubMed: 32374678
- Hossain MM et al. PlexinA1 is crucial for the midline crossing of callosal axons during corpus callosum development in BALB/cAJ mice. PLoS One 14:e0221440 (2019). PubMed: 31430342
- Zhao J et al. Quercetin inhibits cell viability, migration and invasion by regulating miR-16/HOXA10 axis in oral cancer. Eur J Pharmacol 847:11-18 (2019). PubMed: 30639311
- Boggio EM et al. Inhibition of Semaphorin3A Promotes Ocular Dominance Plasticity in the Adult Rat Visual Cortex. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30706367