Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SENP2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SENP2 antibody
See all SENP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SENP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SENP2 aa 481-530.
Database link: Q9HC62
- WB: MDA-MB-435 cell extract. ICC/IF: HepG2 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58418 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionProtease that catalyzes two essential functions in the SUMO pathway: processing of full-length SUMO1, SUMO2 and SUMO3 to their mature forms and deconjugation of SUMO1, SUMO2 and SUMO3 from targeted proteins. May down-regulate CTNNB1 levels and thereby modulate the Wnt pathway.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C48 family.
DomainThe N-terminus is necessary and sufficient for nuclear envelope targeting.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated; which leads to proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nuclear pore complex. Nucleus membrane. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between cytoplasm and nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Axam2 antibody
- DKFZp762A2316 antibody
- KIAA1331 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SENP2 antibody (ab58418) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : MDA-MB-435 cell extract
Lane 2 : MDA-MB-435 cell extract with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 68 kDa
Observed band size: 70 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab58418 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab58418, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab58418 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Liu Y et al. Expression of SUMO associated proteins in the mouse endometrium is regulated by ovarian hormones throughout the estrous cycle. Exp Ther Med 19:1855-1863 (2020). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 32104241
- Huang D et al. Forebrain excitatory neuron-specific SENP2 knockout mouse displays hyperactivity, impaired learning and memory, and anxiolytic-like behavior. Mol Brain 13:59 (2020). PubMed: 32290845
- Wang H & You G The SUMO-Specific Protease Senp2 Regulates SUMOylation, Expression and Function of Human Organic Anion Transporter 3. Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr 1861:1293-1301 (2019). PubMed: 31054272
- Zhang CY et al. Saikosaponin-d Inhibits the Hepatoma Cells and Enhances Chemosensitivity Through SENP5-Dependent Inhibition of Gli1 SUMOylation Under Hypoxia. Front Pharmacol 10:1039 (2019). PubMed: 31616295
- Wang R et al. Reversible regulation of ORC2 SUMOylation by PIAS4 and SENP2. Oncotarget 8:70142-70155 (2017). PubMed: 29050267
- Snow JW et al. Sumoylation Regulates Interaction of FOG1 with C-terminal-binding Protein (CTBP). J Biol Chem 285:28064-75 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20587419