Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Serotonin
- Suitable for: IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Serotonin antibody
See all Serotonin primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Serotonin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Serotonin whole molecule conjugated to BSA with paraformaldehyde.
If the product is lyophilized upon delivery, dilute with phosphate buffer or Tris buffer at dilutions no higher than 1/10, aliquot and freeze at -15° C or lower. Antibody can be stored for up to six months if handled as described above.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66047 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||1/400 - 1/800. When using Biotin/Streptavidin-HRP Technique dilution of 1/5000 - 1/10000.|
RelevanceSerotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, or 5-HT) is a monoamine neurotransmitter synthesised in serotonergic neurons in the central nervous system and enterochromaffin cells in the gastrointestinal tract. Serotonin plays an important part in the biochemistry of depression, migraine, bipolar disorder and anxiety. It is also believed to be influential on sexuality and appetite. 5-HT is generally thought not to be released from synaptic terminal buttons in the manner of classical neurotransmission but from serotonergic varacosities into the extra neuronal space. From here it is free to diffuse over a relatively large region of space (>20µm) and activate 5-HT receptors located on the dendrites, cell bodies and presynaptic terminals of adjacent neurons. Serotonergic action is terminated primarily via uptake of 5-HT from the synapse. This is through the specific monoamine transporter for 5-HT, 5-HT reuptake transporter, on the presynaptic neuron. The pharmacology of 5-HT is extremely complex, with its actions being mediated by a large and diverse range of 5-HT receptors.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Secreted
- 5 hydroxytryptamine antibody
- 5HT antibody
ab66407 staining of rat hypothalamus using 4+ biotin-streptavidin/HRP staing at 1/4000.
ab66047 has been referenced in 30 publications.
- Franco R et al. Increased expression of cannabinoid CB2 and serotonin 5-HT1A heteroreceptor complexes in a model of newborn hypoxic-ischemic brain damage. Neuropharmacology N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30738036
- Matsui H et al. Age- and a-Synuclein-Dependent Degeneration of Dopamine and Noradrenaline Neurons in the Annual Killifish Nothobranchius furzeri. Cell Rep 26:1727-1733.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30759385
- Tan LL et al. Gamma oscillations in somatosensory cortex recruit prefrontal and descending serotonergic pathways in aversion and nociception. Nat Commun 10:983 (2019). PubMed: 30816113
- Wong HLX et al. Early life stress disrupts intestinal homeostasis via NGF-TrkA signaling. Nat Commun 10:1745 (2019). PubMed: 30988299
- Esquerre N et al. Aluminum Ingestion Promotes Colorectal Hypersensitivity in Rodents. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:185-196 (2019). PubMed: 30534582