Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Serotonin transporter
- Suitable for: ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Serotonin transporter antibody
See all Serotonin transporter primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Serotonin transporter
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
- ICC: HepG2 cells.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab130130 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionSerotonin transporter whose primary function in the central nervous system involves the regulation of serotonergic signaling via transport of serotonin molecules from the synaptic cleft back into the pre-synaptic terminal for re-utilization. Plays a key role in mediating regulation of the availability of serotonin to other receptors of serotonergic systems. Terminates the action of serotonin and recycles it in a sodium-dependent manner.
Tissue specificityExpressed in platelets (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:neurotransmitter symporter (SNF) (TC 2.A.22) family. SLC6A4 subfamily.
modificationsGlycosylated; modification with sialylated N-glycans is a requirement for transporters to associate with each other and to function as homooligomeric forms.
Phosphorylated at Ser-611, Thr-613 and Thr-616.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endomembrane system. Endosome membrane. Translocates from intracellular locations to the plasma membrane. Density of transporter molecules on the plasma membrane is itself regulated by serotonin.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 HTT antibody
- 5 HTTLPR antibody
- 5 hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) transporter antibody
Immunocytochemistry analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed HepG2 (human liver hepatocellular carcinoma cell line) cells labeling Serotonin transporter with ab130130 at 10 µg/mL. Cells permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. Primary incubation for 1 hour followed by Alexa Fluor® 488 secondary antibody at 2 µg/mL (green). The nuclear stain is DAPI (blue).
Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG at 10 µg/mL followed by Alexa Fluor® 488 secondary antibody at 2 µg/mL.
ab130130 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Lee JS et al. An Adrenalectomy Mouse Model Reflecting Clinical Features for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Biomolecules 10:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31906307
- Nikishin DA et al. Analysis of Expression and Functional Activity of Aromatic L-Amino Acid Decarboxylase (DDC) and Serotonin Transporter (SERT) as Potential Sources of Serotonin in Mouse Ovary. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31234589
- Layunta E et al. NOD2 Modulates Serotonin Transporter and Interacts with TLR2 and TLR4 in Intestinal Epithelial Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem 47:1217-1229 (2018). PubMed: 29913461
- Gu J et al. Vesicle miR-195 derived from Endothelial Cells Inhibits Expression of Serotonin Transporter in Vessel Smooth Muscle Cells. Sci Rep 7:43546 (2017). WB, IHC . PubMed: 28272473
- Latorre E et al. Listeria monocytogenes Inhibits Serotonin Transporter in Human Intestinal Caco-2 Cells. Microb Ecol 72:730-9 (2016). PubMed: 27488594
- Latorre E et al. Intestinal Serotonin Transporter Inhibition by Toll-Like Receptor 2 Activation. A Feedback Modulation. PLoS One 11:e0169303 (2016). PubMed: 28033388