Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR12735] to Serotonin transporter
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Serotonin transporter antibody [EPR12735]
See all Serotonin transporter primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR12735] to Serotonin transporter
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Serotonin transporter aa 50-150 (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P31645
- Human fetal liver, placenta, serum, and plasma lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181034 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa.|
FunctionSerotonin transporter whose primary function in the central nervous system involves the regulation of serotonergic signaling via transport of serotonin molecules from the synaptic cleft back into the pre-synaptic terminal for re-utilization. Plays a key role in mediating regulation of the availability of serotonin to other receptors of serotonergic systems. Terminates the action of serotonin and recycles it in a sodium-dependent manner.
Tissue specificityExpressed in platelets (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:neurotransmitter symporter (SNF) (TC 2.A.22) family. SLC6A4 subfamily.
modificationsGlycosylated; modification with sialylated N-glycans is a requirement for transporters to associate with each other and to function as homooligomeric forms.
Phosphorylated at Ser-611, Thr-613 and Thr-616.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endomembrane system. Endosome membrane. Translocates from intracellular locations to the plasma membrane. Density of transporter molecules on the plasma membrane is itself regulated by serotonin.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 HTT antibody
- 5 HTTLPR antibody
- 5 hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) transporter antibody
All lanes : Anti-Serotonin transporter antibody [EPR12735] (ab181034) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal liver lysate
Lane 2 : Human placenta lysate
Lane 3 : Human serum lysate
Lane 4 : Human plasma lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Standard HRP-labeled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 70 kDa
ab181034 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chen X et al. Entorhinal cortex-based metabolic profiling of chronic restraint stress mice model of depression. Aging (Albany NY) 12:3042-3052 (2020). PubMed: 32074509
- Ranzil S et al. Disrupted placental serotonin synthetic pathway and increased placental serotonin: Potential implications in the pathogenesis of human fetal growth restriction. Placenta 84:74-83 (2019). PubMed: 31176514
- Cao YN et al. Effect ofLactobacillus rhamnosusGG supernatant on serotonin transporter expression in rats with post-infectious irritable bowel syndrome. World J Gastroenterol 24:338-350 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29391756
- Jackson TC et al. Whole-transcriptome microarray analysis reveals regulation of Rab4 by RBM5 in neurons. Neuroscience 361:93-107 (2017). PubMed: 28818525
- Zhu X et al. Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide replenishment rescues colon degeneration in aged mice. Signal Transduct Target Ther 2:17017 (2017). PubMed: 29263919
- Yu S et al. Angiogenic microspheres promote neural regeneration and motor function recovery after spinal cord injury in rats. Sci Rep 6:33428 (2016). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 27641997