Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SerpinB2/PAI-2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SerpinB2/PAI-2 antibody
See all SerpinB2/PAI-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SerpinB2/PAI-2
This antibody is specific for SerpinB2/PAI-2 (but not the shorter form).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SerpinB2/PAI-2 (N terminal).
Previously labelled as SerpinB2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47742 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000 when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT, and 1/5000 for chemiluminescent substrates. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection.
Not yet tested in other applications. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionInhibits urokinase-type plasminogen activator. The monocyte derived PAI-2 is distinct from the endothelial cell-derived PAI-1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family. Ov-serpin subfamily.
modificationsThe signal sequence is not cleaved.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Secreted > extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
- HsT1201 antibody
- Monocyte Arg serpin antibody
- Monocyte Arg-serpin antibody
Ab47742 staining human normal temporal lobe. Staining is localized to the cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 1 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS), then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes, and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
Anti-SerpinB2/PAI-2 antibody (ab47742) at 1 µg/ml + Human placenta tissue lysate - total protein (ab29745) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Observed band size: 49 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 72 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
SerpinB2/PAI-2 contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
ab47742 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Lee NH et al. SERPINB2 Is a Novel Indicator of Cancer Stem Cell Tumorigenicity in Multiple Cancer Types. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30965654
- Zhang XM et al. SERPINB2 overexpression inhibited cell proliferation, invasion and migration, led to G2/M arrest, and increased radiosensitivity in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. J Radiat Res 60:318-327 (2019). PubMed: 30864656
- Lee NH et al. SERPINB2 is a novel indicator of stem cell toxicity. Cell Death Dis 9:724 (2018). PubMed: 29925837
- Mertens TCJ et al. Cigarette smoke differentially affects IL-13-induced gene expression in human airway epithelial cells. Physiol Rep 5:N/A (2017). WB . PubMed: 28701525
- Peng H et al. microRNA-31/factor-inhibiting hypoxia-inducible factor 1 nexus regulates keratinocyte differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:14030-4 (2012). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22891326
- Angelucci S et al. Proteome analysis of human Wharton's jelly cells during in vitro expansion. Proteome Sci 8:18 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20346146