Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1018Y] to Serum Amyloid P/SAP
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Serum Amyloid P/SAP antibody [EP1018Y]
See all Serum Amyloid P/SAP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1018Y] to Serum Amyloid P/SAP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Serum Amyloid P/SAP aa 1 to the C-terminus (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Human serum; Human liver lysate. IHC-P: Human endometrial carcinoma tissue.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Previously labelled as Serum Amyloid P.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.21% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45151 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Enzymatic antigen retrieval (using protease) also has been found to work and may acheive better results
FunctionCan interact with DNA and histones and may scavenge nuclear material released from damaged circulating cells. May also function as a calcium-dependent lectin.
Tissue specificityFound in serum and urine.
Involvement in diseaseNote=SAP is a precursor of amyloid component P which is found in basement membrane and associated with amyloid deposits.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pentaxin family.
Contains 1 pentaxin domain.
modificationsN-glycosylated with a complex biantennary oligosaccharide chain with a sialic acid at the end (disialo-SAP). Monosialo-SAP as well as asioalo-SAP are also detected (PubMed:15174148).
- Information by UniProt
- 9.5S alpha 1 glycoprotein antibody
- 9.5S alpha-1-glycoprotein antibody
- Amyloid P component serum antibody
Anti-Serum Amyloid P/SAP antibody [EP1018Y] (ab45151) at 1/10000 dilution + Human serum at 15 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/100000 dilution
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Diluting and blocking buffer: 5% NFDM /TBST
ab45151 staining Serum Amyloid P/SAP in human endometrial carcinoma tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a EDTA buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody at a dilution of 1/50. A goat anti-rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) ab97051 was used as the secondary antibody at 1/500.
Negative control 1: PBS in place of primary antibody.
Anti-Serum Amyloid P/SAP antibody [EP1018Y] (ab45151) at 1/5000 dilution + Human liver at 20 µg
Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM /TBST
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab45151 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Girton AW et al. Serum Amyloid P and IgG Exhibit Differential Capabilities in the Activation of the Innate Immune System in Response to Bacillus anthracis Peptidoglycan. Infect Immun 86:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29531132
- Helmfors L et al. Serum Amyloid P Component Ameliorates Neurological Damage Caused by Expressing a Lysozyme Variant in the Central Nervous System of Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS One 11:e0159294 (2016). IHC-P . PubMed: 27428539
- McCook JP et al. Ability of sodium copper chlorophyllin complex to repair photoaged skin by stimulation of biomarkers in human extracellular matrix. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol 9:167-74 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 27524916
- Yang G et al. Isolation and identification of mannose-binding proteins and estimation of their abundance in sera from hepatocellular carcinoma patients. Proteomics 13:878-92 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23300094
- Crawford JR et al. Fc?RI mediates serum amyloid P inhibition of fibrocyte differentiation. J Leukoc Biol 92:699-711 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22493081
- Caubet C et al. A new amyloidosis caused by fibrillar aggregates of mutated corneodesmosin. FASEB J 24:3416-26 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20448140
- Castaño AP et al. Serum amyloid P inhibits fibrosis through Fc gamma R-dependent monocyte-macrophage regulation in vivo. Sci Transl Med 1:5ra13 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20368175
- Gomer RH et al. A serum amyloid P-binding hydrogel speeds healing of partial thickness wounds in pigs. Wound Repair Regen 17:397-404 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19660048