Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Serum Response Factor SRF
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Serum Response Factor SRF antibody
See all Serum Response Factor SRF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Serum Response Factor SRF
Specificityab53147 detects endogenous levels of total Serum Response Factor SRF protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic non phosphopeptide derived from human Serum Response Factor SRF around the phosphorylation site of serine 99 (S-L-S-E-M).
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab53147 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53147 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 62 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionSRF is a transcription factor that binds to the serum response element (SRE), a short sequence of dyad symmetry located 300 bp to the 5' of the site of transcription initiation of some genes (such as FOS). Required for cardiac differentiation and maturation.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 MADS-box domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC.
- Information by UniProt
- c fos serum response element binding factor antibody
- c fos serum response element binding transcription factor antibody
- ELK3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Serum Response Factor SRF antibody (ab53147) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts of NIH/3T3 cells treated with PMA (125ng/ml, 30 min) with no peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts of NIH/3T3 cells treated with PMA (125ng/ml, 30 min) with peptide
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of Serum Response Factor SRF in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using ab53147 at a dilution of 1/50. Right hand image: treated with immunising peptide. Left hand image: untreated.
ab53147 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. LncRNA XIST modulates 5-hydroxytrytophan-induced visceral hypersensitivity by epigenetic silencing of the SERT gene in mice with diarrhea-predominant IBS. Cell Signal N/A:109674 (2020). PubMed: 32446903
- Liu Y et al. lncRNA CYTOR promotes tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer cells via sponging miR-125a-5p. Int J Mol Med 45:497-509 (2020). PubMed: 31894257
- Hou J et al. Role of integrin-linked kinase in the hypoxia-induced phenotypic transition of pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells: Implications for hypoxic pulmonary hypertension. Exp Cell Res 382:111476 (2019). PubMed: 31255599
- Qiao J et al. SRF promotes gastric cancer metastasis through stromal fibroblasts in an SDF1-CXCR4-dependent manner. Oncotarget 7:46088-46099 (2016). WB, IHC-P . PubMed: 27323859
- Wu Y et al. Effects of estrogen on growth and smooth muscle differentiation of vascular wall-resident CD34(+) stem/progenitor cells. Atherosclerosis 240:453-61 (2015). PubMed: 25898000
- Yang C et al. Bone marrow-derived cells may not be the original cells for carcinogen-induced mouse gastrointestinal carcinomas. PLoS One 8:e79615 (2013). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 24260263
- Buller B et al. Regulation of serum response factor by miRNA-200 and miRNA-9 modulates oligodendrocyte progenitor cell differentiation. Glia : (2012). PubMed: 22907787
- Kronenberg G et al. Impact of actin filament stabilization on adult hippocampal and olfactory bulb neurogenesis. J Neurosci 30:3419-31 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20203201
- Osheroff H & Hatten ME Gene expression profiling of preplate neurons destined for the subplate: genes involved in transcription, axon extension, neurotransmitter regulation, steroid hormone signaling, and neuronal survival. Cereb Cortex 19 Suppl 1:i126-34 (2009). PubMed: 19398467