Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Serum Response Factor SRF (phospho S103)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Serum Response Factor SRF (phospho S103) antibody
See all Serum Response Factor SRF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Serum Response Factor SRF (phospho S103)
Specificityab53130 detects endogenous levels of Serum Response Factor SRF only when phosphorylated at serine 103. In mouse and rat the modification site is serine 99.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Serum Response Factor SRF around the phosphorylation site of serine 103 (S-L-SP-E-M).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab53130 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53130 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionSRF is a transcription factor that binds to the serum response element (SRE), a short sequence of dyad symmetry located 300 bp to the 5' of the site of transcription initiation of some genes (such as FOS). Required for cardiac differentiation and maturation.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 MADS-box domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC.
- Information by UniProt
- c fos serum response element binding factor antibody
- c fos serum response element binding transcription factor antibody
- ELK3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Serum Response Factor SRF (phospho S103) antibody (ab53130) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : LOVO cell extract treated with serum (20%, 15mins)
Lane 2 : LOVO cell extract treated with serum (20%, 15mins) with immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab53130 at 1/50 dilution staining Serum Response Factor SRF in human lung carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence and presence of the immunising peptide.
ab53130 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Russell AP et al. Striated muscle activator of Rho signalling (STARS) is reduced in ageing human skeletal muscle and targeted by miR-628-5p. Acta Physiol (Oxf) 220:263-274 (2017). PubMed: 27739650
- Heller EA et al. Locus-specific epigenetic remodeling controls addiction- and depression-related behaviors. Nat Neurosci 17:1720-7 (2014). PubMed: 25347353
- Vissing K et al. Effect of resistance exercise contraction mode and protein supplementation on members of the STARS signalling pathway. J Physiol 591:3749-63 (2013). PubMed: 23753523
- Kawashima T et al. Synaptic activity-responsive element in the Arc/Arg3.1 promoter essential for synapse-to-nucleus signaling in activated neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:316-21 (2009). EMSA . PubMed: 19116276
- Xiao Q et al. Embryonic stem cell differentiation into smooth muscle cells is mediated by Nox4-produced H2O2. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296:C711-23 (2009). PubMed: 19036941