Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SESN3
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SESN3 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SESN3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to a region within amino acids 21 and 266 of Human SESN3 (NM_144665).
- WB: Neuro-2a, NIH/3T3, RAW 264.7, C2C12, Rat2 cell lysate; ICC/IF: A549 cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97792 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sestrin family.
- Information by UniProt
- MGC29667 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000236979 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000236986 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SESN3 antibody (ab97792) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Neuro-2a (mouse neuroblastoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 (mouse embryo fibroblast cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : RAW 264.7 (mouse macrophage cell line transformed with Abelson murine leukemia virus) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : C2C12 (mouse myoblast cell line) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG antibody
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Signal was developed with Trident ECL plus-Enhanced.
Immunofluorescence analysis of paraformaldehyde-fixed A549 (human lung carcinoma cell line) whole cell labeling SESN3 with ab97792 at a 1/200 dilution. The lower image was merged with DNA probe.
Anti-SESN3 antibody (ab97792) at 1/1000 dilution + Rat2 (rat fibroblast cell line) whole cell lysate at 30 µg
HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG antibody
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
ab97792 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Salcher S et al. A drug library screen identifies Carbenoxolone as novel FOXO inhibitor that overcomes FOXO3-mediated chemoprotection in high-stage neuroblastoma. Oncogene 39:1080-1097 (2020). PubMed: 31591479
- Kim M et al. Sestrins are evolutionarily conserved mediators of exercise benefits. Nat Commun 11:190 (2020). PubMed: 31929512
- Li R et al. Cardioprotective roles of sestrin 1 and sestrin 2 against doxorubicin cardiotoxicity. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 317:H39-H48 (2019). PubMed: 31026186
- Zeng N et al. Sestrins are differentially expressed with age in the skeletal muscle of men: A cross-sectional analysis. Exp Gerontol 110:23-34 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29751091
- Zeng N et al. Acute resistance exercise induces Sestrin2 phosphorylation and p62 dephosphorylation in human skeletal muscle. Physiol Rep 5:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29263116
- Wang X et al. Sestrin2 and sestrin3 suppress NK-92 cell-mediated cytotoxic activity on ovarian cancer cells through AMPK and mTORC1 signaling. Oncotarget 8:90132-90143 (2017). PubMed: 29163816
- Park HW et al. Hepatoprotective role of Sestrin2 against chronic ER stress. Nat Commun 5:4233 (2014). PubMed: 24947615
- Kang X et al. The inhibitory effect of ethanol on Sestrin3 in the pathogenesis of ethanol-induced liver injury. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 307:G58-65 (2014). PubMed: 24833709