Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SGK1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SGK1 antibody
See all SGK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SGK1
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total SGK protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human SGK1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 78 (P-P-SP-P-S).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59337 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionProtein kinase that plays an important role in cellular stress response. Activates certain potassium, sodium, and chloride channels, suggesting an involvement in the regulation of processes such as cell survival, neuronal excitability and renal sodium excretion. Sustained high levels and activity may contribute to conditions such as hypertension and diabetic nephropathy. Mediates cell survival signals, phosphorylates and negatively regulates pro-apoptotic FOXO3A. Phosphorylates NEDD4L, which leads to its inactivation and to the subsequent activation of various channels and transporters such as ENaC, KCNA3/Kv1.3 or EAAT1. Isoform 2 exhibited a greater effect on cell plasma membrane expression of ENaC and Na(+) transport than isoform 1.
Tissue specificityExpressed in most tissues with highest levels in the pancreas, followed by placenta, kidney and lung. Isoform 2 is strongly expressed in brain and pancreas, weaker in heart, placenta, lung, liver and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainIsoform 2 subcellular localization at the plasma membrane is mediated by the sequences within the first 120 amino acids.
modificationsRegulated by phosphorylation. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-kinase) pathway promotes phosphorylation at Ser-422 which in turn increases the phosphorylation of Thr-256 by PDPK1.
Ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes proteasomal degradation. Ubiquitinated by SYVN1 at the endoplasmic reticulum; which promotes rapid proteasomal degradation and maintains a high turnover rate in resting cells. Isoform 2 shows enhanced stability. Isoform 2 resistance to proteasomal degradation is mediated by the sequences within the first 120-amino acid.
Cellular localizationCell membrane and Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Nuclear, upon phosphorylation.
- Information by UniProt
- OTTHUMP00000017247 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase SGK antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SGK1 antibody (ab59337) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cells treated
with heat shock
Lane 2 : 293 cells treated
with heat shock with immunizing non-phosphopeptide
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab59337 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab59337, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab59337, at a 1/50-1/100 dilution, staining SGK1 in Human brain sections.
ab59337, at a 1/50-1/100 dilution, staining SGK1 in Human brain sections, in the presence of the immunizing peptide.
ab59337 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Guo X et al. Inhibition of the Akt1-mTORC1 Axis Alters Venous Remodeling to Improve Arteriovenous Fistula Patency. Sci Rep 9:11046 (2019). PubMed: 31363142
- Zhuang L et al. The inhibition of SGK1 suppresses epithelial-mesenchymal transition and promotes renal tubular epithelial cell autophagy in diabetic nephropathy. Am J Transl Res 11:4946-4956 (2019). PubMed: 31497211
- Zhang YL et al. Increased intracellular Cl- concentration promotes ongoing inflammation in airway epithelium. Mucosal Immunol 11:1149-1157 (2018). PubMed: 29545647
- Sun N et al. Inducible miR-145 expression by HIF-1a protects cardiomyocytes against apoptosis via regulating SGK1 in simulated myocardial infarction hypoxic microenvironment. Cardiol J 25:268-278 (2018). PubMed: 28980287
- Liu W et al. SGK1 inhibition-induced autophagy impairs prostate cancer metastasis by reversing EMT. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 37:73 (2018). PubMed: 29609629