Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SGLT1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SGLT1 antibody
See all SGLT1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SGLT1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 603-623 of Human SGLT1
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris glycine, 0.5% BSA, HEPES, 30% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14685 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionActively transports glucose into cells by Na(+) cotransport with a Na(+) to glucose coupling ratio of 2:1. Efficient substrate transport in mammalian kidney is provided by the concerted action of a low affinity high capacity and a high affinity low capacity Na(+)/glucose cotransporter arranged in series along kidney proximal tubules.
Tissue specificityExpressed mainly in intestine and kidney.
Involvement in diseaseCongenital glucose/galactose malabsorption
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:solute symporter (SSF) (TC 2.A.21) family.
modificationsN-glycosylation is not necessary for the cotransporter function.
- Information by UniProt
- D22S675 antibody
- High affinity sodium glucose cotransporter 1 antibody
- High affinity sodium glucose cotransporter antibody
ab14685 (2µg/ml) staining SGLT1 in human ileum using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is staining of the apical epithelium cells of the villi.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab14685 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Chiba Y et al. Sodium/glucose cotransporter 2 is expressed in choroid plexus epithelial cells and ependymal cells in human and mouse brains. Neuropathology N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32488949
- Suga T et al. SGLT1 in pancreatic a cells regulates glucagon secretion in mice, possibly explaining the distinct effects of SGLT2 inhibitors on plasma glucagon levels. Mol Metab 19:1-12 (2019). PubMed: 30416006
- Zhang WQ et al. Sodium Butyrate Improves Liver Glycogen Metabolism in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. J Agric Food Chem 67:7694-7705 (2019). PubMed: 31250637
- Nakagawa K et al. UBIAD1 Plays an Essential Role in the Survival of Pancreatic Acinar Cells. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31013667
- Felipe-Abrio B et al. c-MYB- and PGC1a-dependent metabolic switch induced by MYBBP1A loss in renal cancer. Mol Oncol 13:1519-1533 (2019). PubMed: 31066170