Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SGLT2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SGLT2 antibody
See all SGLT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SGLT2
SpecificityThe antibody detects 74 kDa SGLT-2 from human, mouse, and rat origins. Reactivity to other species has not been determined. A ~55 kDa and a ~45 kDa band can also be detected, representing the SGLT-2 cleavage fragments.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse SGLT2 (N terminal).
Database link: Q923I7
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37296 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa.|
FunctionSodium-dependent glucose transporter. Has a Na(+) to glucose coupling ratio of 1:1.
Efficient substrate transport in mammalian kidney is provided by the concerted action of a low affinity high capacity and a high affinity low capacity Na(+)/glucose cotransporter arranged in series along kidney proximal tubules.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC5A2 are the cause of renal glucosuria (GLYS1) [MIM:233100]. GLYS1 is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by a normal fasting serum glucose concentration and persistent isolated glucosuria, with a normal glucose tolerance test.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:solute symporter (SSF) (TC 2.A.21) family.
- Information by UniProt
- Low affinity sodium glucose cotransporter antibody
- Low affinity sodium-glucose cotransporter antibody
- Na(+) glucose cotransporter 2 antibody
ab37296 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Ortega R et al. SGLT-2 (Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2) Inhibition Reduces Ang II (Angiotensin II)-Induced Dissecting Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm in ApoE (Apolipoprotein E) Knockout Mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:1614-1628 (2019). PubMed: 31294626
- Zhang X et al. MicroRNA-296, a suppressor non-coding RNA, downregulates SGLT2 expression in lung cancer. Int J Oncol 54:199-208 (2019). PubMed: 30365049
- El-Daly M et al. Hyperglycaemic impairment of PAR2-mediated vasodilation: Prevention by inhibition of aortic endothelial sodium-glucose-co-Transporter-2 and minimizing oxidative stress. Vascul Pharmacol 109:56-71 (2018). PubMed: 29908295
- Xu C et al. Canagliflozin exerts anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting intracellular glucose metabolism and promoting autophagy in immune cells. Biochem Pharmacol 152:45-59 (2018). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 29551587
- Ng KM et al. Empagliflozin Ammeliorates High Glucose Induced-Cardiac Dysfuntion in Human iPSC-Derived Cardiomyocytes. Sci Rep 8:14872 (2018). PubMed: 30291295
- Ji W et al. Effects of canagliflozin on weight loss in high-fat diet-induced obese mice. PLoS One 12:e0179960 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28665967
- Vedula EM et al. A microfluidic renal proximal tubule with active reabsorptive function. PLoS One 12:e0184330 (2017). PubMed: 29020011
- Walmsley SJ et al. Proteomic profiling of the effect of metabolic acidosis on the apical membrane of the proximal convoluted tubule. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 302:F1465-77 (2012). PubMed: 22357915
- Oo ZY et al. The performance of primary human renal cells in hollow fiber bioreactors for bioartificial kidneys. Biomaterials : (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 21872923