Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SGLT2
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SGLT2 antibody
See all SGLT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SGLT2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Cow, Dog, Pig, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SGLT2 aa 250-350 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85626 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionSodium-dependent glucose transporter. Has a Na(+) to glucose coupling ratio of 1:1.
Efficient substrate transport in mammalian kidney is provided by the concerted action of a low affinity high capacity and a high affinity low capacity Na(+)/glucose cotransporter arranged in series along kidney proximal tubules.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC5A2 are the cause of renal glucosuria (GLYS1) [MIM:233100]. GLYS1 is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by a normal fasting serum glucose concentration and persistent isolated glucosuria, with a normal glucose tolerance test.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:solute symporter (SSF) (TC 2.A.21) family.
- Information by UniProt
- Low affinity sodium glucose cotransporter antibody
- Low affinity sodium-glucose cotransporter antibody
- Na(+) glucose cotransporter 2 antibody
IHC image of SGLT2 staining in Human Normal Kidney FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab85626, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX
ab85626 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Suga T et al. SGLT1 in pancreatic a cells regulates glucagon secretion in mice, possibly explaining the distinct effects of SGLT2 inhibitors on plasma glucagon levels. Mol Metab 19:1-12 (2019). PubMed: 30416006
- Goto R et al. Inhibition of sodium glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) delays liver fibrosis in a medaka model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). FEBS Open Bio 9:643-652 (2019). PubMed: 30984539
- Sheehan S et al. Detection and Classification of Novel Renal Histologic Phenotypes Using Deep Neural Networks. Am J Pathol 189:1786-1796 (2019). PubMed: 31220455
- Scafoglio CR et al. Sodium-glucose transporter 2 is a diagnostic and therapeutic target for early-stage lung adenocarcinoma. Sci Transl Med 10:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30429355
- Cassis P et al. SGLT2 inhibitor dapagliflozin limits podocyte damage in proteinuric nondiabetic nephropathy. JCI Insight 3:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30089717
- Ono E et al. Sweat glucose and GLUT2 expression in atopic dermatitis: Implication for clinical manifestation and treatment. PLoS One 13:e0195960 (2018). IHC . PubMed: 29677207
- Blanco AM et al. Ghrelin Facilitates GLUT2-, SGLT1- and SGLT2-mediated Intestinal Glucose Transport in Goldfish (Carassius auratus). Sci Rep 7:45024 (2017). IHC . PubMed: 28338019
- Chhabra KH et al. Reduced renal sympathetic nerve activity contributes to elevated glycosuria and improved glucose tolerance in hypothalamus-specific Pomc knockout mice. Mol Metab 6:1274-1285 (2017). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 29031726
- Jiang M et al. Sodium-Glucose Transporter-2 (SGLT2; SLC5A2) Enhances Cellular Uptake of Aminoglycosides. PLoS One 9:e108941 (2014). WB, ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 25268124