Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5519] to SHP1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-SHP1 antibody [EPR5519]
See all SHP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5519] to SHP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human SHP1 aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P29350
- Human tonsil tissue; Jurkat, Raji and lymph node lysates
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 4.95 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124942 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
FunctionPlays a key role in hematopoiesis. This PTPase activity may directly link growth factor receptors and other signaling proteins through protein-tyrosine phosphorylation. The SH2 regions may interact with other cellular components to modulate its own phosphatase activity against interacting substrates. Together with MTUS1, induces UBE2V2 expression upon angiotensin II stimulation.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is expressed in hematopoietic cells. Isoform 2 is expressed in non-hematopoietic cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein-tyrosine phosphatase family. Non-receptor class 2 subfamily.
Contains 2 SH2 domains.
Contains 1 tyrosine-protein phosphatase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine and tyrosine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. In neurons, translocates into the nucleus after treatment with angiotensin II.
- Information by UniProt
- 70Z-SHP antibody
- EC 188.8.131.52 antibody
- HCP antibody
All lanes : Anti-SHP1 antibody [EPR5519] (ab124942) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 3 : lymph node lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : standard HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 68 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of Raji (human Burkitt's lymphoma) cells labelling SHP1 with purified ab124942 at a dilution of 1/500. Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 0.1% tritonX-100. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (ab150077) at dilution of 1/1000 was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei counterstained with DAPI (blue).
Secondary Only Control: PBS was used instead of the primary antibody as the negative control.
ab124942, at a 1/1000 dilution, staining SHP1 in paraffin-embedded Human tonsil tissue by immunohistochemistry
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab124942 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chen X et al. Ropivacaine inhibits cervical cancer cell growth via suppression of the miR-96/MEG2/pSTAT3 axis. Oncol Rep 43:1659-1668 (2020). PubMed: 32323811
- Cui X et al. FCRL3 promotes IL-10 expression in B cells through the SHP-1 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways. Cell Biol Int N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32374464
- Koh JS et al. Inhibition of STAT3 in gastric cancer: role of pantoprazole as SHP-1 inducer. Cell Biosci 8:50 (2018). PubMed: 30202514
- Yao D et al. CD47 is associated with the up-regulation of the PD-1 oncogenic signaling pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 11:5612-5621 (2018). PubMed: 31949648
- Gladkikh AA et al. Comparison of the mRNA expression profile of B-cell receptor components in normal CD5-high B-lymphocytes and chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a key role of ZAP70. Cancer Med 6:2984-2997 (2017). PubMed: 29125235
- Hagberg N et al. Systemic lupus erythematosus immune complexes increase the expression of SLAM family members CD319 (CRACC) and CD229 (LY-9) on plasmacytoid dendritic cells and CD319 on CD56(dim) NK cells. J Immunol 191:2989-98 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23956418