Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Sigma1-receptor - C-terminal
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Sigma1-receptor antibody - C-terminal
See all Sigma1-receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Sigma1-receptor - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Cow, Dog, Human, Mink
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Sigma1-receptor (C terminal).
Database link: Q99720
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53852 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
FunctionFunctions in lipid transport from the endoplasmic reticulum and is involved in a wide array of cellular functions probably through regulation of the biogenesis of lipid microdomains at the plasma membrane. Involved in the regulation of different receptors it plays a role in BDNF signaling and EGF signaling. Also regulates ion channels like the potassium channel and could modulate neurotransmitter release. Plays a role in calcium signaling through modulation together with ANK2 of the ITP3R-dependent calcium efflux at the endoplasmic reticulum. Plays a role in several other cell functions including proliferation, survival and death. Originally identified for its ability to bind various psychoactive drugs it is involved in learning processes, memory and mood alteration.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed with higher expression in liver, colon, prostate, placenta, small intestine, heart and pancreas. Expressed in the retina by retinal pigment epithelial cells.
Involvement in diseaseAmyotrophic lateral sclerosis 16, juvenile
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ERG2 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus inner membrane. Nucleus outer membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Lipid droplet. Cell junction. Cell membrane. Cell projection > growth cone. Targeted to lipid droplets, cholesterol and galactosylceramide-enriched domains of the endoplasmic reticulum. Enriched at cell-cell communication regions, growth cone and postsynaptic structures. Localization is modulated by ligand-binding.
- Information by UniProt
- Aging associated gene 8 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 8 protein antibody
- AL024364 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Sigma1-receptor antibody - C-terminal (ab53852) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse brain homogenate
Lane 2 : Rat liver homogenate
Lane 3 : Rat brain homogenate
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 25 kDa
Additional bands at: 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab53852 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Borroto-Escuela DO et al. Acute Cocaine Enhances Dopamine D2R Recognition and Signaling and Counteracts D2R Internalization in Sigma1R-D2R Heteroreceptor Complexes. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30972626
- Tarafder S et al. A Combination of Oxo-M and 4-PPBP as a potential regenerative therapeutics for tendon injury. Theranostics 9:4241-4254 (2019). PubMed: 31281545
- Kranz M et al. Bridging from Brain to Tumor Imaging: (S)-(-)- and (R)-(+)-[18F]Fluspidine for Investigation of Sigma-1 Receptors in Tumor-Bearing Mice. Molecules 23:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29558382
- Yamaguchi K et al. SA4503, A Potent Sigma-1 Receptor Ligand, Ameliorates Synaptic Abnormalities and Cognitive Dysfunction in a Mouse Model of ATR-X Syndrome. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30231518
- Kubickova J et al. Haloperidol Affects Plasticity of Differentiated NG-108 Cells Through s1R/IP3R1 Complex. Cell Mol Neurobiol 38:181-194 (2018). WB, IP, IF . PubMed: 28786032