Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Sigma1-receptor - C-terminal
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Sigma1-receptor antibody - C-terminal
See all Sigma1-receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Sigma1-receptor - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Cow, Dog, Human, Mink
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Sigma1-receptor (C terminal).
Database link: Q99720
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53852 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
FunctionFunctions in lipid transport from the endoplasmic reticulum and is involved in a wide array of cellular functions probably through regulation of the biogenesis of lipid microdomains at the plasma membrane. Involved in the regulation of different receptors it plays a role in BDNF signaling and EGF signaling. Also regulates ion channels like the potassium channel and could modulate neurotransmitter release. Plays a role in calcium signaling through modulation together with ANK2 of the ITP3R-dependent calcium efflux at the endoplasmic reticulum. Plays a role in several other cell functions including proliferation, survival and death. Originally identified for its ability to bind various psychoactive drugs it is involved in learning processes, memory and mood alteration.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed with higher expression in liver, colon, prostate, placenta, small intestine, heart and pancreas. Expressed in the retina by retinal pigment epithelial cells.
Involvement in diseaseAmyotrophic lateral sclerosis 16, juvenile
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ERG2 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus inner membrane. Nucleus outer membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Lipid droplet. Cell junction. Cell membrane. Cell projection > growth cone. Targeted to lipid droplets, cholesterol and galactosylceramide-enriched domains of the endoplasmic reticulum. Enriched at cell-cell communication regions, growth cone and postsynaptic structures. Localization is modulated by ligand-binding.
- Information by UniProt
- Aging associated gene 8 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 8 protein antibody
- AL024364 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Sigma1-receptor antibody - C-terminal (ab53852) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse brain homogenate
Lane 2 : Rat liver homogenate
Lane 3 : Rat brain homogenate
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 25 kDa
Additional bands at: 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab53852 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Borroto-Escuela DO et al. OSU-6162, a Sigma1R Ligand in Low Doses, Can Further Increase the Effects of Cocaine Self-Administration on Accumbal D2R Heteroreceptor Complexes. Neurotox Res 37:433-444 (2020). PubMed: 31782100
- Tarafder S et al. A Combination of Oxo-M and 4-PPBP as a potential regenerative therapeutics for tendon injury. Theranostics 9:4241-4254 (2019). PubMed: 31281545
- Hernández-Alvarez MI et al. Deficient Endoplasmic Reticulum-Mitochondrial Phosphatidylserine Transfer Causes Liver Disease. Cell 177:881-895.e17 (2019). PubMed: 31051106
- Borroto-Escuela DO et al. Acute Cocaine Enhances Dopamine D2R Recognition and Signaling and Counteracts D2R Internalization in Sigma1R-D2R Heteroreceptor Complexes. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30972626
- Kranz M et al. Bridging from Brain to Tumor Imaging: (S)-(-)- and (R)-(+)-[18F]Fluspidine for Investigation of Sigma-1 Receptors in Tumor-Bearing Mice. Molecules 23:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29558382