Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SIK1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SIK1 antibody
See all SIK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SIK1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig
- Jurkat cell lysate, Human stomach tissue
This product was previously labelled as Snf1lk/SIK-1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class II / Hda1 Class
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64428 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionTransient role during the earliest stages of myocardial cell differentiation and/or primitive chamber formation and may also be important for the earliest stages of skeletal muscle growth and/or differentiation. Potential role in G2/M cell cycle regulation. Inhibits CREB activity by phosphorylating and repressing the CREB-specific coactivators, CRTC1-3.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. AMPK subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 UBA domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocates to the cytoplasm on phosphorylation where it binds binding to YWHAZ.
- Information by UniProt
- KID2 antibody
- MSK antibody
- myocardial SNF1 like kinase antibody
Anti-SIK1 antibody (ab64428) at 1.25 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 85 kDa
Observed band size: 85 kDa
Diluted in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer, gel concentration 12%
ab64428 at 4-8µg/ml staining surface mucous cells and epithelial cells of fundic gland from human stomach; paraffin embedded; magnification 400X.
ab64428 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Huang C et al. MicroRNA-17 promotes cell proliferation and migration in human colorectal cancer by downregulating SIK1. Cancer Manag Res 11:3521-3534 (2019). PubMed: 31118777
- Hong B et al. Activation of the LKB1-SIK1 signaling pathway inhibits the TGF-ß-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition and apoptosis resistance of ovarian carcinoma cells. Mol Med Rep 17:2837-2844 (2018). PubMed: 29257268
- Bai X et al. MicroRNA-373 promotes cell migration via targeting salt-inducible kinase 1 expression in melanoma. Exp Ther Med 16:4759-4764 (2018). PubMed: 30542430
- Chen JL et al. Suppression of SIK1 by miR-141 in human ovarian cancer cell lines and tissues. Int J Mol Med 37:1601-10 (2016). PubMed: 27081781
- Wagschal A et al. Genome-wide identification of microRNAs regulating cholesterol and triglyceride homeostasis. Nat Med 21:1290-7 (2015). PubMed: 26501192
- Jagannath A et al. The CRTC1-SIK1 pathway regulates entrainment of the circadian clock. Cell 154:1100-11 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23993098