Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SIRT2
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SIRT2 antibody
See all SIRT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SIRT2
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cynomolgus monkey, Common marmoset, Orangutan
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
FunctionNAD-dependent protein deacetylase, which deacetylates the 'Lys-40' of alpha-tubulin. Involved in the control of mitotic exit in the cell cycle, probably via its role in the regulation of cytoskeleton.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highly expressed in heart, brain and skeletal muscle, while it is weakly expressed in placenta and lung. Down-regulated in many gliomas suggesting that it may act as a tumor suppressor gene in human gliomas possibly through the regulation of microtubule network.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sirtuin family.
Contains 1 deacetylase sirtuin-type domain.
Developmental stagePeaks during mitosis. After mitosis, it is probably degraded by the 26S proteasome.
modificationsPhosphorylated at the G2/M transition of the cell cycle.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Colocalizes with microtubules.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ35621 antibody
- FLJ37491 antibody
- NAD dependent deacetylase sirtuin 2 antibody
ab67299 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Heinonen T et al. Dual Deletion of the Sirtuins SIRT2 and SIRT3 Impacts on Metabolism and Inflammatory Responses of Macrophages and Protects From Endotoxemia. Front Immunol 10:2713 (2019). PubMed: 31849939
- Pereira JM et al. Infection Reveals a Modification of SIRT2 Critical for Chromatin Association. Cell Rep 23:1124-1137 (2018). PubMed: 29694890
- Szabó A et al. Modulation Of Microtubule Acetylation By The Interplay Of TPPP/p25, SIRT2 And New Anticancer Agents With Anti-SIRT2 Potency. Sci Rep 7:17070 (2017). PubMed: 29213065
- Budayeva HG & Cristea IM Human Sirtuin 2 Localization, Transient Interactions, and Impact on the Proteome Point to Its Role in Intracellular Trafficking. Mol Cell Proteomics 15:3107-3125 (2016). PubMed: 27503897
- Thangjam GS et al. Hsp90 inhibition suppresses NF-?B transcriptional activation via Sirt-2 in human lung microvascular endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 310:L964-74 (2016). PubMed: 27036868
- Thakurela S et al. The transcriptome of mouse central nervous system myelin. Sci Rep 6:25828 (2016). PubMed: 27173133
- Krey L et al. Knockout of silent information regulator 2 (SIRT2) preserves neurological function after experimental stroke in mice. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 35:2080-8 (2015). PubMed: 26219598
- Stettner M et al. Promoting myelination in an in vitro mouse model of the peripheral nerve system: the effect of wine ingredients. PLoS One 8:e66079 (2013). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 23762469
- Frühbeis C et al. Neurotransmitter-triggered transfer of exosomes mediates oligodendrocyte-neuron communication. PLoS Biol 11:e1001604 (2013). PubMed: 23874151
- Zhang H et al. SIRT2 directs the replication stress response through CDK9 deacetylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:13546-51 (2013). PubMed: 23898190