Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to SIRT3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Caenorhabditis elegans
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SIRT3 antibody
See all SIRT3 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to SIRT3
Specificityab118334 is expected to recognize both reported isoforms (NP_071878.2; NP_001171275.1). Reported variants represent identical proteins: NP_071878.2; NP_001120823.1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Caenorhabditis elegans
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse, Human, Pig
- Mouse heart lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab118334 is purified from Goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class III / Sir2 class
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab118334 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionNAD-dependent protein deacetylase. Activates or deactivates mitochondrial target proteins by deacetylating key lysine residues. Known targets include ACSS1, IDH, GDH, SOD2, PDHA1, LCAD, SDHA and the ATP synthase subunit ATP5O. Contributes to the regulation of the cellular energy metabolism. Important for regulating tissue-specific ATP levels.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sirtuin family. Class I subfamily.
Contains 1 deacetylase sirtuin-type domain.
modificationsProcessed by mitochondrial processing peptidase (MPP) to give a 28 kDa product. Such processing is probably essential for its enzymatic activity.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- hSIRT 3 antibody
- hSIRT3 antibody
- Mitochondrial nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide dependent deacetylase antibody
Anti-SIRT3 antibody (ab118334) at 0.3 µg/ml (for 1 hour) + Mouse Heart lysate (in RIPA buffer) at 35 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
An additional band of unknown identity was also consistently observed at 15kDa. This band was successfully blocked by incubation with the immunizing peptide.
ab118334 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Castrejón-Téllez V et al. Effect of Sucrose Ingestion at the End of a Critical Window that Increases Hypertension Susceptibility on Peripheral Mechanisms Regulating Blood Pressure in Rats. Role of Sirtuins 1 and 3. Nutrients 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30717220
- Chen KH et al. Combined Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Low-Energy Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy Protect the Brain From Brain Death-Induced Injury in Rat. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 78:65-77 (2019). PubMed: 30481326