Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SIRT3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class III / Sir2 class
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75434 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa).|
FunctionNAD-dependent protein deacetylase. Activates or deactivates mitochondrial target proteins by deacetylating key lysine residues. Known targets include ACSS1, IDH, GDH, SOD2, PDHA1, LCAD, SDHA and the ATP synthase subunit ATP5O. Contributes to the regulation of the cellular energy metabolism. Important for regulating tissue-specific ATP levels.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sirtuin family. Class I subfamily.
Contains 1 deacetylase sirtuin-type domain.
modificationsProcessed by mitochondrial processing peptidase (MPP) to give a 28 kDa product. Such processing is probably essential for its enzymatic activity.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- hSIRT 3 antibody
- hSIRT3 antibody
- Mitochondrial nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide dependent deacetylase antibody
Anti-SIRT3 antibody (ab75434) at 1 µg/ml + Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889) at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 44 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 16 kDa, 48 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
The band observed at 42 kDa could potentially be a cleaved form of SIRT3 due to the presence of a transit peptide.
ab75434 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Takakura K et al. Cordyceps militaris improves the survival of Dahl salt-sensitive hypertensive rats possibly via influences of mitochondria and autophagy functions. Heliyon 3:e00462 (2017). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 29264419
- Li S et al. p53-Induced growth arrest is regulated by the mitochondrial SirT3 deacetylase. PLoS One 5:e10486 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20463968