Product nameSIRT6 Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeEnzyme activity
Assay time1h 00m
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s SIRT6 Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab156068) detects deacetylase activity of recombinant SIRT6.
Primarily, the SIRT6 Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) is designed for the rapid and sensitive evaluation of SIRT6 inhibitors or activators using recombinant SIRT6 or purified SIRT6.
Applications for this kit include:
1. Screening inhibitors or activators of SIRT6.
2. Detecting the effects of pharmacological agents on SIRT6.
Histone Deacetylases (HDACs) are a class of enzymes responsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4), allowing the histones to wrap the DNA more tightly.
HDAC proteins occur in four groups (class I, class IIA, class IIB, class III, class IV) based on function and DNA sequence similarity.
Classes I, IIA and IIB are considered "classical" HDACs whose activities are inhibited by trichostatin A (TSA), whereas class III is a family of NAD+-dependent proteins (sirtuins) not affected by TSA. Class IV is considered an atypical class on its own, based solely on DNA sequence similarity to the others.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Developer 1 x 500µl Fluoro-Deacetylated Peptide (0.1 mM) 1 x 100µl Fluoro-Substrate Peptide (0.1 mM) 1 x 500µl NAD (8 mM) 1 x 500µl Recombinant SIRT6 1 x 500µl SIRT Assay Buffer 2 x 1ml Stop Solution 2 x 1ml
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class III / Sir2 class
FunctionNAD-dependent protein deacetylase. Has deacetylase activity towards 'Lys-9' and 'Lys-56' of histone H3. Modulates acetylation of histone H3 in telomeric chromatin during the S-phase of the cell cycle. Deacetylates 'Lys-9' of histone H3 at NF-kappa-B target promoters and may down-regulate the expression of a subset of NF-kappa-B target genes. Deacetylation of nucleosomes interferes with RELA binding to target DNA. May be required for the association of WRN with telomeres during S-phase and for normal telomere maintenance. Required for genomic stability. Required for normal IGF1 serum levels and normal glucose homeostasis. Modulates cellular senescence and apoptosis. Regulates the production of TNF protein.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sirtuin family.
Contains 1 deacetylase sirtuin-type domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Predominantly nuclear. Associated with telomeric heterochromatin regions.
- Information by UniProt
- NAD dependent protein deacetylase sirtuin-6
- NAD-dependent deacetylase sirtuin-6
- Regulatory protein SIR2 homolog 6
This product has been referenced in:
- Yao ZQ et al. A novel small-molecule activator of Sirtuin-1 induces autophagic cell death/mitophagy as a potential therapeutic strategy in glioblastoma. Cell Death Dis 9:767 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29991742) »
- Balestrieri ML et al. Sirtuin 6 expression and inflammatory activity in diabetic atherosclerotic plaques: effects of incretin treatment. Diabetes 64:1395-406 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 25325735) »