Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SIRT6
- Suitable for: WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class III / Sir2 class
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62739 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa). 2-4 ug/mL is recommended using whole extracts of mouse 3T3 cells. Use at 1-2 ug/mL with whole extracts of human U87 cells. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 (human), 37 mouse kDa (mouse)).|
|ICC||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
FunctionNAD-dependent protein deacetylase. Has deacetylase activity towards histone H3K9Ac and H3K56Ac. Modulates acetylation of histone H3 in telomeric chromatin during the S-phase of the cell cycle. Deacetylates histone H3K9Ac at NF-kappa-B target promoters and may down-regulate the expression of a subset of NF-kappa-B target genes. Acts as a corepressor of the transcription factor HIF1A to control the expression of multiple glycolytic genes to regulate glucose homeostasis. Required for genomic stability. Regulates the production of TNF protein. Has a role in the regulation of life span (By similarity). Deacetylation of nucleosomes interferes with RELA binding to target DNA. May be required for the association of WRN with telomeres during S-phase and for normal telomere maintenance. Required for genomic stability. Required for normal IGF1 serum levels and normal glucose homeostasis. Modulates cellular senescence and apoptosis. On DNA damage, promotes DNA end resection via deacetylation of RBBP8. Has very weak deacetylase activity and can bind NAD(+) in the absence of acetylated substrate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sirtuin family. Class IV subfamily.
Contains 1 deacetylase sirtuin-type domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus, nucleoplasm. Predominantly nuclear. Associated with telomeric heterochromatin regions.
- Information by UniProt
- 2810449N18Rik antibody
- AI043036 antibody
- Mono ADP ribosyltransferase sirtuin 6 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-SIRT6 antibody (ab62739) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-SIRT6 antibody (ab62739) at 1 µg/ml
Lanes 3-4 : Anti-SIRT6 antibody (ab62739) at 2 µg/ml
Lanes 1-3 : Mouse 3T3 whole cell extract
Lane 4 : Mouse 3T3 whole cell extract with immunizing peptide
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG,
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 37 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells labeling SIRT6 with ab62739. Cells were fixed and permeabilized with 4% paraformaldehyde followed by 0.5% Triton™ X-100. Fixed cells were stained with 2.5 μg/mL Anti-SIRT6 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab62739). The antibody was developed using Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, Cy3™ conjugate.
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of mouse primary hepatocytes labeling SIRT6 with ab62739 at 1/200 dilution. The cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, followed by blocking with 3% BSA for 2 hours at 20°C. A polyclonal goat anti-rabbit IgG Alexa Fluor® 488 secondary antibody was used at 1/10000 dilution.
ab62739 has been referenced in 43 publications.
- Xue W et al. FOXN3 is downregulated in osteosarcoma and transcriptionally regulates SIRT6, and suppresses migration and invasion in osteosarcoma. Oncol Rep 41:1404-1414 (2019). PubMed: 30483801
- Hu M et al. Sirtuin 6 Attenuates Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Reactivation by Suppressing Ori-Lyt Activity and Expression of RTA. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30651359
- Gao Y et al. SIRT6 inhibits proliferation and invasion in osteosarcoma cells by targeting N-cadherin. Oncol Lett 17:1237-1244 (2019). PubMed: 30655890
- Naciri I et al. Genetic screens reveal mechanisms for the transcriptional regulation of tissue-specific genes in normal cells and tumors. Nucleic Acids Res 47:3407-3421 (2019). PubMed: 30753595
- D'Onofrio N et al. Abdominal Fat SIRT6 Expression and Its Relationship with Inflammatory and Metabolic Pathways in Pre-Diabetic Overweight Patients. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30845774