Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SIRT6
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SIRT6 antibody
See all SIRT6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SIRT6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide mapping to a region between residue 305 and 355 of Human SIRT6 (NP_057623.1)
- Whole cell lysate from HeLa or 293T cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: Tris citrate/phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class III / Sir2 class
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab88494 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionNAD-dependent protein deacetylase. Has deacetylase activity towards histone H3K9Ac and H3K56Ac. Modulates acetylation of histone H3 in telomeric chromatin during the S-phase of the cell cycle. Deacetylates histone H3K9Ac at NF-kappa-B target promoters and may down-regulate the expression of a subset of NF-kappa-B target genes. Acts as a corepressor of the transcription factor HIF1A to control the expression of multiple glycolytic genes to regulate glucose homeostasis. Required for genomic stability. Regulates the production of TNF protein. Has a role in the regulation of life span (By similarity). Deacetylation of nucleosomes interferes with RELA binding to target DNA. May be required for the association of WRN with telomeres during S-phase and for normal telomere maintenance. Required for genomic stability. Required for normal IGF1 serum levels and normal glucose homeostasis. Modulates cellular senescence and apoptosis. On DNA damage, promotes DNA end resection via deacetylation of RBBP8. Has very weak deacetylase activity and can bind NAD(+) in the absence of acetylated substrate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sirtuin family. Class IV subfamily.
Contains 1 deacetylase sirtuin-type domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus, nucleoplasm. Predominantly nuclear. Associated with telomeric heterochromatin regions.
- Information by UniProt
- 2810449N18Rik antibody
- AI043036 antibody
- Mono ADP ribosyltransferase sirtuin 6 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SIRT6 antibody (ab88494) at 0.4 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Exposure time: 3 minutes
ab88494 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Xiao F et al. Inhibitory Effect of Sirtuin6 (SIRT6) on Osteogenic Differentiation of Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Med Sci Monit 25:8412-8421 (2019). PubMed: 31701920
- Vadla R & Haldar D Mammalian target of rapamycin complex 2 (mTORC2) controls glycolytic gene expression by regulating Histone H3 Lysine 56 acetylation. Cell Cycle 17:110-123 (2018). PubMed: 29143563
- Hou Y et al. NAD+ supplementation normalizes key Alzheimer's features and DNA damage responses in a new AD mouse model with introduced DNA repair deficiency. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115:E1876-E1885 (2018). PubMed: 29432159
- Latorre E et al. The Ribonucleic Complex HuR-MALAT1 Represses CD133 Expression and Suppresses Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Breast Cancer. Cancer Res 76:2626-36 (2016). PubMed: 27197265
- Fan X et al. The role and mechanisms of action of SIRT6 in the suppression of postoperative epidural scar formation. Int J Mol Med 37:1337-44 (2016). PubMed: 26987016
- Yang J et al. Site-specific mapping and quantification of protein S-sulphenylation in cells. Nat Commun 5:4776 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25175731
- Jiang H et al. SIRT6 regulates TNF-a secretion through hydrolysis of long-chain fatty acyl lysine. Nature 496:110-3 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23552949
- Alvarez Y et al. Sirtuin 1 Is a Key Regulator of the Interleukin-12 p70/Interleukin-23 Balance in Human Dendritic Cells. J Biol Chem 287:35689-701 (2012). ChIP . PubMed: 22893703