Key features and details
- Selective sirtuin deacetylase inhibitor
- CAS Number: 410536-97-9
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in DMSO to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameSirtinol, Sirtuin deacetylase inhibitor
DescriptionSelective sirtuin deacetylase inhibitor
Selective sirtuin deacetylase inhibitor (IC50 values are 38, 68 and 131 μM at SIRT2, Sir2p and SIRT1 respectively). No effect on HDAC1. Cell-permeable.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. It is important to note that this product is reported to be light sensitive. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class III / Sir2 class
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141263 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Nevoral J et al. Epigenetic and non-epigenetic mode of SIRT1 action during oocyte meiosis progression. J Anim Sci Biotechnol 10:67 (2019). PubMed: 31413827
- Adamkova K et al. SIRT1-dependent modulation of methylation and acetylation of histone H3 on lysine 9 (H3K9) in the zygotic pronuclei improves porcine embryo development. J Anim Sci Biotechnol 8:83 (2017). PubMed: 29118980