Key features and details
- Blocker of TRP cation channels. Inhibits capacitative Ca2+ entry.
- CAS Number: 130495-35-1
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameSKF 96365, TRP channel blocker
DescriptionBlocker of TRP cation channels. Inhibits capacitative Ca2+ entry.
Blocker of TRP cation channels. Inhibits capacitative Ca2+ entry.
Chemical name1-[2-[3-(4-Methoxyphenyl)propoxy]-2-(4-methoxyphenyl)ethyl]-1H-imidazole hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab120280, SKF 96365, TRP channel blocker
TRP channel blockers affect most of the L-arginine-induced responses.
L-arginine-induced Ca2+ responses of two ORNs of another individual slice of the lateral MOE (cyan and red trace). Incubation with SKF-96365 (80 µM; 10 min; lilac-shaded panel) led to a strong reduction of the Ca2+ transient in only one of the two ORNs (red trace). The response of the affected ORN recovered after 10 min of washout (right-hand traces). ORNs unaffected and affected by SKF-96365, expressed as percentage of total ORNs tested (histogram; 25 cells, 4 slices).
(From Figure 5C of Sansone et al).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120280 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Jiang C et al. VGF and its C-terminal peptide TLQP-62 in ventromedial prefrontal cortex regulate depression-related behaviors and the response to ketamine. Neuropsychopharmacology 44:971-981 (2019). PubMed: 30504797
- Chen J et al. Roles and mechanisms of TRPC3 and the PLC?/PKC/CPI-17 signaling pathway in regulating parturition. Mol Med Rep 17:898-910 (2018). PubMed: 29115500
- Lin EC et al. Differential Contribution of Ca(2+)-Dependent Mechanisms to Hyperexcitability in Layer V Neurons of the Medial Entorhinal Cortex. Front Cell Neurosci 11:182 (2017). PubMed: 28713246
- Gazda K et al. Knockdown of amyloid precursor protein increases calcium levels in the endoplasmic reticulum. Sci Rep 7:14512 (2017). PubMed: 29109429
- Zhu M et al. Calcium-binding protein S100A14 induces differentiation and suppresses metastasis in gastric cancer. Cell Death Dis 8:e2938 (2017). PubMed: 28726786