Key features and details
- Specific non-lipid sphingosine kinase (SK) inhibitor. Cell-permeable.
- CAS Number: 306301-68-8
- Purity: > 90%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameSKI-I, Sphingosine Kinase Inhibitor
DescriptionSpecific non-lipid sphingosine kinase (SK) inhibitor. Cell-permeable.
Specific non-lipid sphingosine kinase (SK) inhibitor. Inhibits SK1 and SK2. Inhibits sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P) production and pro-apoptotic. Induces autophagy. Cell permeable and active in vivo and in vitro.
Chemical name5-(2-Naphthalenyl)-1H-pyrazole-3-carboxylic acid 2-[(2-hydroxy-1-naphthalenyl)methylene]hydrazide
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Unstable; make up solutions fresh and use immediately.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142209 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Terao R et al. Light Stress-Induced Increase of Sphingosine 1-Phosphate in Photoreceptors and Its Relevance to Retinal Degeneration. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31357484
- Mrad M et al. Downregulation of sphingosine kinase-1 induces protective tumor immunity by promoting M1 macrophage response in melanoma. Oncotarget 7:71873-71886 (2016). PubMed: 27708249
- Kassmer SH et al. Migration of germline progenitor cells is directed by sphingosine-1-phosphate signalling in a basal chordate. Nat Commun 6:8565 (2015). PubMed: 26456232