Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR11842] to SLC12A1/NKCC2
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-SLC12A1/NKCC2 antibody [EPR11842]
See all SLC12A1/NKCC2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR11842] to SLC12A1/NKCC2
The homology between SLC12A1/NKCC2 and SLC12A2 is 67%, so ab171747 may cross react with SLC12A2. We haven't performed any laboratory testing about this.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment within Human SLC12A1/NKCC2. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q13621
- 293T, Human fetal kidney, K562 and WI-38 cell lysates; permeabilized K562 cells.
This product was previously labelled as SLC12A1
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab171747 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 121 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionElectrically silent transporter system. Mediates sodium and chloride reabsorption. Plays a vital role in the regulation of ionic balance and cell volume.
Tissue specificityKidney specific.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC12A1 are the cause of Bartter syndrome type 1 (BS1) [MIM:601678]. BS refers to a group of autosomal recessive disorders characterized by impaired salt reabsorption in the thick ascending loop of Henle with pronounced salt wasting, hypokalemic metabolic alkalosis, and varying degrees of hypercalciuria. BS1 is a life-threatening condition beginning in utero, with marked fetal polyuria that leads to polyhydramnios and premature delivery. Another hallmark of BS1 is a marked hypercalciuria and, as a secondary consequence, the development of nephrocalcinosis and osteopenia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SLC12A transporter family.
- Information by UniProt
- BSC1 antibody
- Bumetanide sensitive sodium 3 antibody
- Bumetanide-sensitive sodium-(potassium)-chloride cotransporter 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SLC12A1/NKCC2 antibody [EPR11842] (ab171747) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T cell lysates
Lane 2 : Human fetal kidney lysates
Lane 3 : K562 cell lysates
Lane 4 : WI-38 cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 121 kDa
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized K562 cells labeling SLC12A1/NKCC2 with ab171747 at 1/100 dilution (red), compared with a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
ab171747 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Duan XP et al. Norepinephrine-Induced Stimulation of Kir4.1/Kir5.1 Is Required for the Activation of NaCl Transporter in Distal Convoluted Tubule. Hypertension 73:112-120 (2019). PubMed: 30571558
- Teng F et al. Treatment with an SLC12A1 antagonist inhibits tumorigenesis in a subset of hepatocellular carcinomas. Oncotarget 7:53571-53582 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 27447551
- Sasaki S et al. A missense mutation in solute carrier family 12, member 1 (SLC12A1) causes hydrallantois in Japanese Black cattle. BMC Genomics 17:724 (2016). Cow . PubMed: 27613513
- Messaoudi S et al. Endothelial Gata5 transcription factor regulates blood pressure. Nat Commun 6:8835 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26617239