Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR7936] to SLC31A1 / CTR1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-SLC31A1 / CTR1 antibody [EPR7936]
See all SLC31A1 / CTR1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR7936] to SLC31A1 / CTR1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human SLC31A1/ CTR1 aa 1-100 (extracellular). The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
- HeLa, Human ovary cancer, Human fetal kidney and Caco 2 lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 1.26 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab129067 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 28,35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa).|
FunctionHigh-affinity, saturable copper transporter involved in dietary copper uptake.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the copper transporter (Ctr) (TC 1.A.56) family. SLC31A subfamily.
modificationsO-Glycosylation at Thr-27 protects from proteolytic cleavage in the N-terminal extracellular domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to the apical membrane in intestinal epithelial cells.
- Information by UniProt
- Copper transport 1 homolog antibody
- Copper transporter 1 antibody
- COPT1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SLC31A1 / CTR1 antibody [EPR7936] (ab129067) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : Human ovary cancer lysate
Lane 3 : Human fetal kidney lysate
Lane 4 : Caco 2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab129067 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Fu C et al. Active uptake of hydrophilic copper complex Cu(ii)-TETA in primary cultures of neonatal rat cardiomyocytes. Metallomics 11:565-575 (2019). PubMed: 30761393
- Miller KA et al. Antibiotic treatment affects the expression levels of copper transporters and the isotopic composition of copper in the colon of mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 116:5955-5960 (2019). PubMed: 30850515
- Jiang Y et al. Fluorofenidone protects against acute kidney injury. FASEB J 33:14325-14336 (2019). PubMed: 31661638
- Masaldan S et al. Copper accumulation in senescent cells: Interplay between copper transporters and impaired autophagy. Redox Biol 16:322-331 (2018). PubMed: 29579719
- Müller S et al. Metformin reveals a mitochondrial copper addiction of mesenchymal cancer cells. PLoS One 13:e0206764 (2018). PubMed: 30399175