Product nameAnti-SLC38A5 / SNAT5 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SLC38A5 / SNAT5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat SLC38A5/ SNAT5 aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following rat tissue lysates: Cortex; Hippocampus; Spinal Cord. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Rat normal pancreas.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72717 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionFunctions as a sodium-dependent amino acid transporter which countertransport protons. Mediates the saturable, pH-sensitive, and electrogenic cotransport of several neutral amino acids including glycine, asparagine, alanine, serine, glutamine and histidine with sodium.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in stomach, brain, liver, lung and intestinal tract.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the amino acid/polyamine transporter 2 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Amino acid transporter system N2 antibody
- JM 24 antibody
- JM24 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SLC38A5 / SNAT5 antibody (ab72717) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Cortex (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Hippocampus (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Spinal Cord (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 52 kDa
Additional bands at: 28 kDa, 30 kDa, 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
IHC image of SLC38A5 / SNAT5 staining in Rat normal pancreas formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab72717, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ICC/IF image of ab72717 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab72717, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899 Dylight 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab72717 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liao M et al. LncRNA EPB41L4A-AS1 regulates glycolysis and glutaminolysis by mediating nucleolar translocation of HDAC2. EBioMedicine 41:200-213 (2019). PubMed: 30796006
- Baek JH et al. Glutamine Supplementation Ameliorates Chronic Stress-induced Reductions in Glutamate and Glutamine Transporters in the Mouse Prefrontal Cortex. Exp Neurobiol 28:270-278 (2019). PubMed: 31138994
- Kim J et al. Amino Acid Transporter Slc38a5 Controls Glucagon Receptor Inhibition-Induced Pancreatic a Cell Hyperplasia in Mice. Cell Metab 25:1348-1361.e8 (2017). PubMed: 28591637
- Day PE et al. Partitioning of glutamine synthesised by the isolated perfused human placenta between the maternal and fetal circulations. Placenta 34:1223-31 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24183194