Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58695 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 69 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 62-69 kDa).
Incubate for 2hrs
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionMay be involved in iron export from duodenal epithelial cell and also in transfer of iron between maternal and fetal circulation. Mediates iron efflux in the presence of a ferroxidase (hephaestin and/or ceruloplasmin).
Tissue specificityExpressed in placenta, intestine, muscle and spleen.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC40A1 are the cause of hemochromatosis type 4 (HFE4) [MIM:606069]. HFE4 is an autosomal dominant iron-loading disorder characterized by early iron accumulation in reticuloendothelial cells and a marked increase in serum ferritin before elevation of the transferrin saturation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SLC40A transporter family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localized to the basolateral membrane of polarized epithelial cells.
- Information by UniProt
- Ferroportin 1 antibody
- Ferroportin antibody
- Ferroportin-1 antibody
Anti-SLC40A1 antibody (ab58695) at 1 µg/ml + Human colon tissue lysate - total protein (ab30051) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 62-69 kDa
Observed band size: 62 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab58695 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhang L et al. Role of mitochondrial calcium uniporter-mediated Ca2+ and iron accumulation in traumatic brain injury. J Cell Mol Med 23:2995-3009 (2019). PubMed: 30756474
- do Carmo MMR et al. Intake of Polydextrose Alters Hematology and the Profile of Short Chain Fatty Acids in Partially Gastrectomized Rats. Nutrients 10:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29925762
- Sui M et al. Magnesium isoglycyrrhizinate ameliorates liver fibrosis and hepatic stellate cell activation by regulating ferroptosis signaling pathway. Biomed Pharmacother 106:125-133 (2018). PubMed: 29957462
- Carvalho L et al. Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum Increases Ferroportin Expression in the Colon of Anemic Growing Rats. Nutrients 9:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28273797
- Citelli M et al. Obesity promotes alterations in iron recycling. Nutrients 7:335-48 (2015). PubMed: 25569627
- Scheers N & Sandberg AS Iron transport through ferroportin is induced by intracellular ascorbate and involves IRP2 and HIF2a. Nutrients 6:249-60 (2014). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 24394537
- Darshan D et al. Reduced expression of ferroportin-1 mediates hyporesponsiveness of suckling rats to stimuli that reduce iron absorption. Gastroenterology 141:300-9 (2011). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 21570398
- Olivieri S et al. Ceruloplasmin oxidation, a feature of Parkinson's disease CSF, inhibits ferroxidase activity and promotes cellular iron retention. J Neurosci 31:18568-77 (2011). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22171055