Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SLC40A1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SLC40A1 antibody
See all SLC40A1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SLC40A1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SLC40A1 (N terminal).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78066 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMay be involved in iron export from duodenal epithelial cell and also in transfer of iron between maternal and fetal circulation. Mediates iron efflux in the presence of a ferroxidase (hephaestin and/or ceruloplasmin).
Tissue specificityExpressed in placenta, intestine, muscle and spleen.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC40A1 are the cause of hemochromatosis type 4 (HFE4) [MIM:606069]. HFE4 is an autosomal dominant iron-loading disorder characterized by early iron accumulation in reticuloendothelial cells and a marked increase in serum ferritin before elevation of the transferrin saturation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SLC40A transporter family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localized to the basolateral membrane of polarized epithelial cells.
- Information by UniProt
- Ferroportin 1 antibody
- Ferroportin antibody
- Ferroportin-1 antibody
ab78066, at 20µg/ml, staining SLC40A1 in human skeletal muscle by Immunohistochemistry using formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.
A heat induced antigen retrieval step was performed using pH 6.0 citrate buffer. After incubation with the primary antibody, slides were incubated with biotinylated secondary antibody, followed by alkaline phosphatase-streptavidin and chromogen.
ICC/IF image of ab78066 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab78066, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin embedded, formalin fixed, kidney renal tubular epithelium using ab78066 at 20 µg/mL.
Negative control - immunohistochemical staining of paraffin embedded, formalin fixed, breast epithelium using ab78066 at 20 µg/mL.
ab78066 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Shang Y et al. Ceruloplasmin suppresses ferroptosis by regulating iron homeostasis in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Cell Signal 72:109633 (2020). PubMed: 32283255
- Wang K et al. Correction of Anemia in Chronic Kidney Disease With Angelica sinensis Polysaccharide via Restoring EPO Production and Improving Iron Availability. Front Pharmacol 9:803 (2018). PubMed: 30108502
- Ogura J et al. Identification of a novel Na+-coupled Fe3+-citrate transport system, distinct from mammalian INDY, for uptake of citrate in mammalian cells. Sci Rep 8:2519 (2018). ICC/IF . PubMed: 29410496
- Wang Z et al. Pseudolaric acid B triggers ferroptosis in glioma cells via activation of Nox4 and inhibition of xCT. Cancer Lett 428:21-33 (2018). PubMed: 29702192
- Ito H et al. Cancer cell-specific mitochondrial reactive oxygen species promote non-heme iron uptake and enhance the proliferation of gastric epithelial cancer cell. J Clin Biochem Nutr 61:183-188 (2017). PubMed: 29203959
- Chekhun VF et al. Iron metabolism disturbances in the MCF-7 human breast cancer cells with acquired resistance to doxorubicin and cisplatin. Int J Oncol 43:1481-6 (2013). PubMed: 23969999
- McCarthy RC & Kosman DJ Ferroportin and exocytoplasmic ferroxidase activity are required for brain microvascular endothelial cell iron efflux. J Biol Chem 288:17932-40 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23640881
- Guo W et al. Testosterone administration inhibits hepcidin transcription and is associated with increased iron incorporation into red blood cells. Aging Cell 12:280-91 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23399021