Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SLC4A7/NBCn1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SLC4A7/NBCn1 antibody
See all SLC4A7/NBCn1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SLC4A7/NBCn1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SLC4A7/NBCn1 aa 1150 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: Caco2 and HEK293.
This product was previously labelled as SLC4A7
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82335 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 136 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 136 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionElectroneutral sodium- and bicarbonate-dependent cotransporter with a Na(+):HCO3(-) 1:1 stoichiometry. Regulates intracellular pH and may play a role in bicarbonate salvage in secretory epithelia. May also have an associated sodium channel activity.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in testis and spleen. Also expressed in retina, colon, small intestine, ovary, thymus, prostate, muscle, heart and kidney. Isoform 1 is expressed in skeletal muscle and heart muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the anion exchanger (TC 2.A.31) family.
DomainThe PDZ-binding motif mediates interaction with the CFTR, SLC9A3R1/EBP50 complex and probably with USH1C.
Cellular localizationBasolateral cell membrane. Apical cell membrane. Cell projection, stereocilium. Also described at the apical cell membrane. Localizes to the stereocilia of cochlear outer hair cells and to the lateral membrane of cochlear inner hair cells (By similarity).
- Information by UniProt
- Bicarbonate transporter antibody
- BT antibody
- Electroneutral Na/HCO(3) cotransporter antibody
IHC image of SLC4A7/NBCn1 staining in human normal kidney formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab82335, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
All lanes : Anti-SLC4A7/NBCn1 antibody (ab82335) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 10 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 136 kDa
Observed band size: 136 kDa
Additional bands at: 19 kDa, 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ab82335 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Hwang S et al. Drug Repurposing as an Antitumor Agent: Disulfiram-Mediated Carbonic Anhydrase 12 and Anion Exchanger 2 Modulation to Inhibit Cancer Cell Migration. Molecules 24:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31546841
- Xie ZD et al. The Balance of [Formula: see text] Secretion vs. Reabsorption in the Endometrial Epithelium Regulates Uterine Fluid pH. Front Physiol 9:12 (2018). WB, IHC-Fr . PubMed: 29422866
- Sedlyarov V et al. The Bicarbonate Transporter SLC4A7 Plays a Key Role in Macrophage Phagosome Acidification. Cell Host Microbe 23:766-774.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29779931
- Namkoong E et al. Role of Sodium Bicarbonate Cotransporters in Intracellular pH Regulation and Their Regulatory Mechanisms in Human Submandibular Glands. PLoS One 10:e0138368 (2015). Human . PubMed: 26375462