Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SLC5A8/AIT
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SLC5A8/AIT antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SLC5A8/AIT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit
- OVCAR-3 cell lysate
This product was previously labelled as SLC5A8
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99064 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 67 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionActs as an electrogenic sodium (Na(+)) and chloride (Cl-)-dependent sodium-coupled solute transporter, including transport of monocarboxylates (short-chain fatty acids including L-lactate, D-lactate, pyruvate, acetate, propionate, valerate and butyrate), lactate, mocarboxylate drugs (nicotinate, benzoate, salicylate and 5-aminosalicylate) and ketone bodies (beta-D-hydroxybutyrate, acetoacetate and alpha-ketoisocaproate), with a Na(+):substrate stoichiometry of between 4:1 and 2:1. Catalyzes passive carrier mediated diffusion of iodide. Mediates iodide transport from the thyrocyte into the colloid lumen through the apical membrane. May be responsible for the absorption of D-lactate and monocarboxylate drugs from the intestinal tract. Acts as a tumor suppressor, suppressing colony formation in colon cancer, prostate cancer and glioma cell lines. May play a critical role in the entry of L-lactate and ketone bodies into neurons by a process driven by an electrochemical Na(+) gradient and hence contribute to the maintenance of the energy status and function of neurons.
Tissue specificityExpressed in normal thyroid, localized at the apical pole of thyroid cells facing the colloid lumen, but expression profoundly decreased in thyroid carcinomas. Expressed in normal colon but absent in colon aberrant crypt foci and colon cancers. Present in normal kidney cortex, brain, prostate, gastric mucosa and breast tissue but was significantly down-regulated in primary gliomas, gastric cancer, prostate tumors and breast tumors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:solute symporter (SSF) (TC 2.A.21) family.
Cellular localizationApical cell membrane. Expressed at the apical membrane of normal tall thyrocytes and of colonic epithelial cells.
- Information by UniProt
- AIT antibody
- Apical iodide transporter antibody
- Electrogenic sodium monocarboxylate cotransporter antibody
ab99064 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Kurata N et al. Short chain fatty acid butyrate uptake reduces expressions of prostanoid EP4 receptors and their mediation of cyclooxygenase-2 induction in HCA-7 human colon cancer cells. Eur J Pharmacol 853:308-315 (2019). PubMed: 30980797
- Otsuka Y et al. Sodium-coupled monocarboxylate transporter 1 interacts with the RING finger- and PDZ domain-containing protein PDZRN3. J Physiol Sci 69:635-642 (2019). PubMed: 31098988
- Cresci G et al. Lactobacillus GG and tributyrin supplementation reduce antibiotic-induced intestinal injury. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 37:763-74 (2013). PubMed: 23630018