Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Slingshot homolog 1/SSH1
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Slingshot homolog 1/SSH1 antibody
See all Slingshot homolog 1/SSH1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Slingshot homolog 1/SSH1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Slingshot homolog 1/SSH1 aa 675-725.
Database link: NP_061857.2
- HeLa and 293T whole cell lysates.
This product was previously labelled as Slingshot homolog 1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab76943 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to Slingshot homolog 1/SSH1 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76943 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 116 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 - 5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionProtein phosphatase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Dephosphorylates and activates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, which subsequently binds to actin filaments and stimulates their disassembly. Inhibitory phosphorylation of cofilin is mediated by LIMK1, which may also be dephosphorylated and inactivated by this protein.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein-tyrosine phosphatase family.
Contains 1 tyrosine-protein phosphatase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Inhibitory phosphorylation by PAK4 promotes binding to YWHAZ. Phosphorylation at Ser-978 is decreased by stimuli which promote actin reorganization and lamellipodia formation. Can be dephosphorylated and activated by PPP3CA/calcineurin A. Phosphorylation decreases immediately prior to telophase.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell projection > lamellipodium. Cleavage furrow. Midbody. Also recruited to actin rich membrane protrusions such as lamellipodia, which may allow local control of actin dynamics at sites of cell locomotion. Also localized to the cleavage furrow and the midbody during cytokinesis.
- Information by UniProt
- AW551225 antibody
- Coro1c antibody
- coronin, actin binding protein 1C antibody
All lanes : Anti-Slingshot homolog 1/SSH1 antibody (ab76943) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 116 kDa
Observed band size: 150 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab76943 at 1µg/ml staining Slingshot homolog 1/SSH1 in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab76943 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
ICC/IF image of ab76943 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab76943, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab76943 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Maimaiti Y et al. SSH1 expression is associated with gastric cancer progression and predicts a poor prognosis. BMC Gastroenterol 18:12 (2018). PubMed: 29338701
- Majumder P et al. Cellular levels of Grb2 and cytoskeleton stability are correlated in a neurodegenerative scenario. Dis Model Mech 10:655-669 (2017). PubMed: 28360125
- Chen C et al. Slingshot-1L, a cofilin phosphatase, induces primary breast cancer metastasis. Oncotarget 8:66195-66203 (2017). PubMed: 29029503
- Tang QF et al. The Zuo Jin Wan Formula Induces Mitochondrial Apoptosis of Cisplatin-Resistant Gastric Cancer Cells via Cofilin-1. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2016:8203789 (2016). PubMed: 27872653
- Bielig H et al. The cofilin phosphatase slingshot homolog 1 (SSH1) links NOD1 signaling to actin remodeling. PLoS Pathog 10:e1004351 (2014). WB, IP ; Human . PubMed: 25187968
- Leonard A et al. Thrombin selectively engages LIM kinase 1 and slingshot-1L phosphatase to regulate NF-?B activation and endothelial cell inflammation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 305:L651-64 (2013). PubMed: 24039253
- Maheswaranathan M et al. Platelet-derived Growth Factor (PDGF) Regulates Slingshot Phosphatase Activity via Nox1-dependent Auto-dephosphorylation of Serine 834 in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells. J Biol Chem 286:35430-7 (2011). IP . PubMed: 21857021
- Oleinik NV et al. ALDH1L1 inhibits cell motility via dephosphorylation of cofilin by PP1 and PP2A. Oncogene : (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20729910
- Wang LH et al. The Mitotic Kinase Aurora-A Induces Mammary Cell Migration and Breast Cancer Metastasis by Activating the Cofilin-F-actin Pathway. Cancer Res 70:9118-28 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21045147