Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SLUG
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SLUG antibody
See all SLUG primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SLUG
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Xenopus tropicalis
Recombinant fragment within Human SLUG aa 120-268. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O43623
- Human Slug-transfected 293T cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 79.99% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab183760 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa.|
FunctionTranscriptional repressor. Involved in the generation and migration of neural crest cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed in placenta and adult heart, pancreas, liver, kidney and skeletal muscle.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SNAI2 are the cause of Waardenburg syndrome type 2D (WS2D) [MIM:608890]. WS2 is a genetically heterogeneous, autosomal dominant disorder characterized by sensorineural deafness, pigmentary disturbances, and absence of dystopia canthorum. The frequency of deafness is higher in WS2 than in WS1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the snail C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 5 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
- Information by UniProt
- MGC10182 antibody
- Neural crest transcription factor Slug antibody
- Protein snail homolog 2 antibody
ab183760 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Yin L et al. TIP-B1 promotes kidney clear cell carcinoma growth and metastasis via EGFR/AKT signaling. Aging (Albany NY) 11:7914-7937 (2019). PubMed: 31562290
- Ding X et al. Knockdown of Delta-like 3 restricts lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation, migration and invasion of A2058 melanoma cells via blocking Twist1-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Life Sci 226:149-155 (2019). PubMed: 30981764
- Wang L et al. lncRNA MEG3 modified epithelial-mesenchymal transition of ovarian cancer cells by sponging miR-219a-5p and regulating EGFR. J Cell Biochem 120:17709-17722 (2019). PubMed: 31161607
- Liang X et al. Long non-coding RNA CUDR promotes malignant phenotypes in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma via activating AKT and ERK signaling pathways. Int J Oncol 53:2671-2682 (2018). PubMed: 30272271
- Su C et al. MiR-21 improves invasion and migration of drug-resistant lung adenocarcinoma cancer cell and transformation of EMT through targeting HBP1. Cancer Med 7:2485-2503 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29663730
- Cao Y et al. LncRNA ATB promotes proliferation and metastasis in A549 cells by down-regulation of microRNA-494. J Cell Biochem 119:6935-6942 (2018). PubMed: 29693289