Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Smac / Diablo
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Smac / Diablo antibody
See all Smac/Diablo primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smac / Diablo
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesSmac Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8114 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
FunctionPromotes apoptosis by activating caspases in the cytochrome c/Apaf-1/caspase-9 pathway. Acts by opposing the inhibitory activity of inhibitor of apoptosis proteins (IAP).
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed with highest expression in testis. Expression is also high in heart, liver, kidney, spleen, prostate and ovary. Low in brain, lung, thymus and peripheral blood leukocytes.
DomainThe mature N-terminus mediates interaction with XIAP.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion. Released into the cytosol when cells undergo apoptosis.
- Information by UniProt
- 0610041G12Rik antibody
- DBLOH_HUMAN antibody
- DBOH antibody
All lanes : Anti-Smac / Diablo antibody (ab8114) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : human heart tissue lysate with absence of blocking peptide
Lane 2 : human heart tissue lysate with Smac / Diablo peptide (ab8380)
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 25 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovary tissue with ab8114 at 5 μg/mL. Sections were fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 h at RT; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with a citrate buffer (pH6). Samples were incubated with primary antibody overnight at 4˚C. A goat anti-rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) at 1/250 was used as secondary. Counter stained with Hematoxylin.
All lanes : Anti-Smac / Diablo antibody (ab8114) at 1 µg/mL, 1h incubation at RT in 5% NFM/TBST.
Loading: 15 μg of lysates per lane.
Secondary: Goat anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate at 1/10000 dilution.
Anti-Smac / Diablo antibody (ab8114) at 1 µg/ml + NIH3T3 cell lysate at 15 µg
Goat anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
ab8114 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Chen W et al. Gemcitabine combined with an engineered oncolytic vaccinia virus exhibits a synergistic suppressive effect on the tumor growth of pancreatic cancer. Oncol Rep 41:67-76 (2019). PubMed: 30365143
- Cheng CY et al. Ferulic Acid Exerts Anti-apoptotic Effects against Ischemic Injury by Activating HSP70/Bcl-2- and HSP70/Autophagy-Mediated Signaling after Permanent Focal Cerebral Ischemia in Rats. Am J Chin Med 47:39-61 (2019). PubMed: 30612456
- Liu Y et al. Mitochondrial carrier protein overloading and misfolding induce aggresomes and proteostatic adaptations in the cytosol. Mol Biol Cell 30:1272-1284 (2019). PubMed: 30893019
- Tan S et al. Sodium Selenite Accentuates the Therapeutic Effect of Adriamycin Prodrug (PADM) against Gastric Cancer. Biomed Res Int 2019:2035682 (2019). PubMed: 31737654
- Cheng CY et al. Electroacupuncture at different frequencies (5Hz and 25Hz) ameliorates cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats: possible involvement of p38 MAPK-mediated anti-apoptotic signaling pathways. BMC Complement Altern Med 15:241 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 26187498
- Martin B et al. GIT2 Acts as a Systems-Level Coordinator of Neurometabolic Activity and Pathophysiological Aging. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 6:191 (2015). PubMed: 26834700
- Bannwarth S et al. A mitochondrial origin for frontotemporal dementia and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis through CHCHD10 involvement. Brain 137:2329-45 (2014). PubMed: 24934289