Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Smad1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Smad1 antibody
See all Smad1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Smad1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 187.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63356 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionTranscriptional modulator activated by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase. SMAD1 is a receptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD). SMAD1/OAZ1/PSMB4 complex mediates the degradation of the CREBBP/EP300 repressor SNIP1.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest expression seen in the heart and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine by BMP type 1 receptor kinase.
Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis by SMAD-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase SMURF1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. Co-localizes with LEMD3 at the nucleus inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- BSP-1 antibody
- BSP1 antibody
- HsMAD1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Smad1 antibody (ab63356) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from 293 cell line
Lane 2 : extracts from 293 cell line, with immunizing peptide at 5 µg
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The amount of positive control loading for the WB is 5-30 ug of total protein. The amount of the peptide for the WB is 5-10 ug.
Immunofluorescence analysis of Smad1 expression in HeLa cells, using 1/500 ab63356
ab63356 (1µg/ml) staining SMAD1 in human stomach using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong cytoplasmic and nuclear staining.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab63356 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Ahmad N et al. MicroRNA-672-5p Identified during Weaning Reverses Osteopenia and Sarcopenia in Ovariectomized Mice. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 14:536-549 (2019). PubMed: 30769134
- Zhang J & Liu F Expression of BMP-4 and Smad1 in patients with Hirschsprung disease and its clinical significance. Exp Ther Med 18:225-229 (2019). PubMed: 31258657
- Ma YS et al. miR-30 Family Reduction Maintains Self-Renewal and Promotes Tumorigenesis in NSCLC-Initiating Cells by Targeting Oncogene TM4SF1. Mol Ther 26:2751-2765 (2018). PubMed: 30301667
- Wang L et al. Green Tea Catechins Effectively Altered Hepatic Fibrogenesis in Rats by Inhibiting ERK and Smad1/2 Phosphorylation. J Agric Food Chem N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30424599
- Dudakovic A et al. Enhancer of Zeste Homolog 2 Inhibition Stimulates Bone Formation and Mitigates Bone Loss Caused by Ovariectomy in Skeletally Mature Mice. J Biol Chem 291:24594-24606 (2016). PubMed: 27758858
- Dharmarajan S et al. Bone morphogenetic protein 7 regulates reactive gliosis in retinal astrocytes and Müller glia. Mol Vis 20:1085-108 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 25253985
- Maioli M et al. Hyaluronan esters drive Smad gene expression and signaling enhancing cardiogenesis in mouse embryonic and human mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS One 5:e15151 (2010). WB, ICC/IF ; Human, Mouse . PubMed: 21152044