Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Smad1 (phospho S187)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Smad1 (phospho S187) antibody
See all Smad1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad1 (phospho S187)
Specificityab73211 detects endogenous levels of Smad1 only when phosphorylated at serine 187.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Smad1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 187 (PHSPPN)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab73211 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73211 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionTranscriptional modulator activated by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase. SMAD1 is a receptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD). SMAD1/OAZ1/PSMB4 complex mediates the degradation of the CREBBP/EP300 repressor SNIP1.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest expression seen in the heart and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine by BMP type 1 receptor kinase.
Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis by SMAD-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase SMURF1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. Co-localizes with LEMD3 at the nucleus inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- BSP-1 antibody
- BSP1 antibody
- HsMAD1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Smad1 (phospho S187) antibody (ab73211) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse muscle cell extract
Lane 2 : Mouse muscle cell extract with immunising phosphopeptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of Smad1 in paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using ab73211 at 1/50 dilution in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunising phosphopeptide.
ab73211 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Li Q et al. Downregulation of miR-98 contributes to hypoxic pulmonary hypertension by targeting ALK1. Mol Med Rep 20:2167-2176 (2019). PubMed: 31322216
- Oichi T et al. Adamts17 is involved in skeletogenesis through modulation of BMP-Smad1/5/8 pathway. Cell Mol Life Sci 76:4795-4809 (2019). PubMed: 31201465
- Ding LZ et al. Mangiferin inhibits apoptosis and oxidative stress via BMP2/Smad-1 signaling in dexamethasone-induced MC3T3-E1 cells. Int J Mol Med 41:2517-2526 (2018). PubMed: 29484386
- Cao W et al. Homeobox a5 Promotes White Adipose Tissue Browning Through Inhibition of the Tenascin C/Toll-Like Receptor 4/Nuclear Factor Kappa B Inflammatory Signaling in Mice. Front Immunol 9:647 (2018). PubMed: 29651293
- Yang Z et al. A Human Proteome Array Approach to Identifying Key Host Proteins Targeted by Toxoplasma Kinase ROP18. Mol Cell Proteomics 16:469-484 (2017). PubMed: 28087594
- Puolakkainen T et al. Soluble activin type IIB receptor improves fracture healing in a closed tibial fracture mouse model. PLoS One 12:e0180593 (2017). PubMed: 28704409
- Shin SY et al. Integrin a1ß1 protects against signs of post-traumatic osteoarthritis in the female murine knee partially via regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor signalling. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 24:1795-1806 (2016). PubMed: 27211864