Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AF10B7] to SMAD1+SMAD5
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-SMAD1+SMAD5 antibody [AF10B7]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AF10B7] to SMAD1+SMAD5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Recombinant human protein purified from E.coli (His-Smad1)
- SK-N-MC, Ramos, 293T and PC12 cell lysates.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 18th September 2017. Lot numbers higher than GR188031 will be from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, HEPES, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75273 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
RelevanceThe Smad family of proteins function in the transmission of extracellular signals in the TGF-ß signaling pathway. Binding of TGF-ß superfamily ligands to extracellular receptors triggers phosphorylation of Smad2 at a Serine-Serine-Methionine-Serine (SSMS) motif at its C-terminus. Phosphorylated Smad2 is then able to form a complex with Smad4. These complexes accumulate in the cell nucleus, where they directly participate in the regulation of gene expression. In mammals, eight Smad proteins have been identified to date. The Smad family of proteins can be divided into three functional groups: the receptor-activated Smads (R-Smads), common mediator Smads (Co-Smads), and the inhibitory Smads (I-Smads). The R-Smads are directly phosphorylated by the activated type I receptors on their C-terminal Ser-Ser-X-Ser (SSXS) motif and include Smad1, Smad2, Smad3, Smad5, and Smad8. Smad2 and Smad3 are phosphorylated in response to TGF-ß and activin, whereas Smad1, Smad5, and Smad8 are phosphorylated in response to BMP (Bone Morphogenetic Protein). This C-terminal phosphorylation allows R-Smad binding to Co-Smad, Smad4, and translocation to the nucleus where they regulate TGF-ß target genes. Smad6 and Smad7 belong to the I-Smad family which bind to the type I receptor or Smad4 and block their interaction with R-Smads.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Note=Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4.
- MAD mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1 antibody
- MAD mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 5 antibody
- MADH1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SMAD1+SMAD5 antibody [AF10B7] (ab75273) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : SK-N-MC cell lysate
Lane 2 : Ramos cell lysate
Lane 3 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 4 : PC12 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 58 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 120 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab75273 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab75273, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
ab75273 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Wen Q et al. 8-bromo-7-methoxychrysin suppress stemness of SMMC-7721 cells induced by co-culture of liver cancer stem-like cells with hepatic stellate cells. BMC Cancer 19:224 (2019). PubMed: 30866863
- Singh P et al. Inhibin Is a Novel Paracrine Factor for Tumor Angiogenesis and Metastasis. Cancer Res 78:2978-2989 (2018). PubMed: 29535220
- Zhang Y et al. Selective compounds enhance osteoblastic activity by targeting HECT domain of ubiquitin ligase Smurf1. Oncotarget 8:50521-50533 (2017). PubMed: 28881580
- Weng J et al. Activation of CD137 Signaling Promotes Angiogenesis in Atherosclerosis via Modulating Endothelial Smad1/5-NFATc1 Pathway. J Am Heart Assoc 6:N/A (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28288971
- Wang S et al. BMPR2 promotes invasion and metastasis via the RhoA-ROCK-LIMK2 pathway in human osteosarcoma cells. Oncotarget 8:58625-58641 (2017). PubMed: 28938584
- Hou F et al. Attenuation of liver fibrosis by herbal compound 861 via upregulation of BMP-7/Smad signaling in the bile duct ligation model rat. Mol Med Rep 13:4335-42 (2016). PubMed: 27035233
- Sun C et al. The short stature homeobox 2 (Shox2)-bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) pathway regulates dorsal mesenchymal protrusion development and its temporary function as a pacemaker during cardiogenesis. J Biol Chem 290:2007-23 (2015). Mouse . PubMed: 25488669
- Boswell BA & Musil LS Synergistic interaction between the fibroblast growth factor and bone morphogenetic protein signaling pathways in lens cells. Mol Biol Cell 26:2561-72 (2015). PubMed: 25947138
- de la Croix Ndong J et al. Asfotase-a improves bone growth, mineralization and strength in mouse models of neurofibromatosis type-1. Nat Med 20:904-10 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24997609
- Jiao G et al. BMPR2 inhibition induced apoptosis and autophagy via destabilization of XIAP in human chondrosarcoma cells. Cell Death Dis 5:e1571 (2014). PubMed: 25501832